Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need to know what lift height I have on a rig we just bought

Old 08-15-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to know what lift height I have on a rig we just bought

It's an '07 Sahara 4door with 16x8' shod with BFG 295/75-16's. The front & rear lower control arms are non adjustable Skyjackers, the springs are new no spacers, the bump stop spacers are ~2". The rear track bar has a relocation bracket on the axle with the stock track bar, the front track bar is stock & mounted in the stock location. All 4 sway bar links are stock. The rear brake lines were stock ( I ordered the extension brackets ). The shocks are steel bodied rubicon express. There is approximately 7" from the fender lip to the top of the BFG's & the rig sits pretty level, maybe 3/8" higher in the front.
It has never been offroad,, but we will fix that as soon as I get through checking it over

Here is a visual reference, the rear is sitting on a high spot, but you get the idea.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Sounds like they used all the spare parts they could find to slap your lift together, any idea whose coils are on it?

For comparison, here is 295/75/16 Nitto Terra's (32" actual height) with 3.25" of lift.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Sounds like they used all the spare parts they could find to slap your lift together, any idea whose coils are on it?

For comparison, here is 295/75/16 Nitto Terra's (32" actual height) with 3.25" of lift.

The original owner paid good money to have the dealer installed lift replaced with this one.
From talking to him, I'm pretty certain it was SkyJacker kit, with Rubicon Express shocks, I just didn't know how much lift it actually was. Thanks for the picture, it looks to be simular height to ours. Is yours an auto? did you have to do anything to the front driveshaft?
Old 08-15-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

On my Rubicon with 255X75R17 (actual 30.5") I had 10" of clearance from the fuel tank skid to the ground when stock before my lift and tires. If you have a skid, measure to the ground and subtract 10"s from your distance. That is your total lift with the tires included. I suspect the stock tires were near 30", so take another inch off your total lift and that should be close to the spring lift.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 4play
Is yours an auto? did you have to do anything to the front driveshaft?
Yes, it's an auto. The front shaft had some marks from the skid plate, but the boot still looked ok. I replaced it with a Woods due to losing grease from the rzeppa (tcase joint), which gets pinched from the post-lift angles.

See post 6 here for some preventative steps (no help with the rzeppa, but can't have everything...)
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...vs.-Skid-plate

And $5-10 at the hardware store can set you up with brake line brackets (I saw that you already ordered, but ya know)

Last edited by nthinuf; 08-15-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 4play
The rear track bar has a relocation bracket on the axle with the stock track bar . . .

Post up a pic of that relocation bracket, and let the guys here take a look just to make sure it's one of the newer designed brackets that offer more support. If it's the old relocation bracket, DO NOT wheel with it as you could end up breaking a weld on the axle.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Unfortunately it's the same as the pic but black. Any pics of the improved version? I can fab & weld a little.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf

And $5-10 at the hardware store can set you up with brake line brackets (I saw that you already ordered, but ya know)
Yeah, I felt bad ordering it, but at ~$11 shipped I wussed. This is my wife's DD & our 1st Jeep.

Last edited by 4play; 08-16-2010 at 05:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Need to know what lift height I have on a rig we just bought