Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need info about this JKU

Old 09-06-2011, 10:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kabookie10
Its the Ripp Jeep. If you go to the car domain website and search for a 2008 Jeep Rubicon, its Ross's Ripp JK.

RIPP GEN2 Stage 2 Supercharger

RIPP Front Mounted Intercooler

RIPP Long Tube Headers

MBRP Off Road Exhaust

Diablo Sport Predator

NGK Iridium Plugs

Rock Krawler Flex System (2.5" Max Travel Kit i think)

Bilstien 5100 Series Shocks

37X13.5 ProComp Xteme AT'a

ProComp 10x10 wWheels

Shrock Works Bumpers and slides

River Raider Fenders and Rear Corner Guards

Delta Head lights

Custom Roof Rack

5.38:1 Gears

Attachment 207747
Attachment 207744
Attachment 207745
Attachment 207746

OP's pic has a snorkel... this one doesnt....
Old 09-07-2011, 01:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

That Shrockworks bumper doesn't look right--the winch hoop is too skinny. Maybe it was a prototype? I agree the snorkel is AEV, but the prefilter is not what they offer now (the fishbowl).

Mid-width Shrockworks front bumper ...

Edit: Ah! Found a picture of a Shrockworks stubby (RescueX's). The bumper may be Shrockworks, after all. The lights are repositioned, but that may have been because they preferred them over the winch mounting location. You can see one of the empty light tabs in the original picture.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 09-07-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by AirecK
whats a good lift to go with? looking to do a 3.5 in. lift. whats a good brand? thats good being daily driven and also able to hit the trails and climb stuff. i want to do either 35in. or 37in. tires and i want to run flat fenders. anyone have a good idea or what brand i should go with? what do u guys think about rubicon express?
If you can stay below 3", you'll save a ton of money and headaches. 35s fit fine with 2.5" lifts; a few additional parts make it more livable. 37s can be made to fit, but it takes more parts and the higher the lift, the greater the number of parts. Decide on your tire size first. Then that will drive your lift. Don't add any more lift than your tires require--why raise your COG unnecessarily? Only pick-up trucks that are never driven to anything more demanding than a hunting lease are lifted ridiculously high.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ArmyEng875
OP's pic has a snorkel... this one doesnt....
Search Youtube for Ripp Supercharged Jeep JK, i found a video on there that had that snorkel on it. Must have been added at a later time. The video was up but it had a blacklisted mfg decal on it. its the Ripp JK.

As for a lift...A good happy medium for a DD would be a Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel kit. Also look at the Teraflex 2.5" Coil kit and OME long travel kit from Northridge. All three kits are well built and awsome. I'm going for the 2.5" Rock Krawler kit with some flat flares.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

I want to do either 35's or 37's tires but I'm not sure. Ive seen a lot of people on here go with 35s and then later go up to 37s so and so. I've been looking at pics of jus with 35s and 37s and have been leaning towards 37s now. So what lift should i go with it if i got 37in tires? and in the future i want to get flat fenders. I have a 11 jku rubicon. I'm sure i would have to regear also. how much does that cost?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do a LOT with 35's.
You can do a LOT with a 2 or 2-1/2" lift.

Since you're in Florida, your Jeep will require different mods than someone in Utah.
Be conservative to begin with.

My JKU has 2-1/2" of lift w/Bilsteins, Bushwackers and Goodyear Dura-Trac 315-70R17's.
This works great for me in Texas and when I was in Colorado this summer.
And it's my daily driver.

Above all ..... have fun with it!

Last edited by texwillys; 09-08-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Quick Reply: need info about this JKU