Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help with woods steering kit!

Old 05-25-2008, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with woods steering kit!

OK so i get the factory stabilizer off...(putting on a tera flex) and im about to move onto the step were it tells u to remove the track bar bolt. im assuming its the large bolt...maybe like a 20mm bolt right where the bracket is supposed to go. now i pulled up pics of the bracket installed and did a search for a write-up. there are none. i dont understand what to do with the track bar bolt. the directions dont really say, or im not reading them right. once u take it out the bracket sits flush on the factory bracket.....what do u do with the track bar bolt???? im very confused...so for the mean time i have installed the teraflex stabilizer until i get some answers....pics would be a great help
Old 05-25-2008, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

no one has any suggestions????
Old 05-25-2008, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Woods has some pics on his website www.4xfix.com user: jeep, pass:forum scroll down and you will see them

You need to remove the trackbar bolt, 21 mm. The new bracket will line up with the hole for the track bar and another hole to the left of it, that will need to be enlarged to fit the supplied bolt from woods. Once you have the hole enlarged, you can install that bolt and reinstall the trackbar bolt. Make sure you re-torque the trackbar bolt to 125 ft lbs. That is very important!!
Old 05-25-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Here's a thread with some recent photos also.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...woods+steering
Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default thanks

yea ive seen all of those photos...maybe there is jsut something im not getting...i dont understand how that big ass bolt can go back in once the bracket is on...thanks for thrying ill jsut have to screw around with it some more
Old 05-25-2008, 03:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I just put mine on this morning (Fox stabilizer, what a workout) and I'll try to talk you through it. I didn't take any picts though.

You have your stock stabilizer disconnected and the big assed trackbar bolt out right? Now set the Woods bracket on top of the stock bracket for reference. Make sure you don't lose that nut with the long tab on it that's probably riding between the trackbar bracket stuff and the axle. That's what that long bolt'll thread back into. I don't agree with turning the wheel all the way to the right at the beginning of his instructions. If you leave it straight for a bit it makes working with the trackbar easier. As you look at the welded on bracket straight on you'll see two holes. The right is where the trackbar bolt came out of and the left needs to be drilled out to 1/2" After you've drill the left hole on the stock bracket out, set the Woods bracket on over the stock bracket like the picture in the instructions. Get the trackbar and other front facing bolts in the holes first. That long assed bolt will go through the Woods bracket, front of stock bracket, trackbar and rear of stock bracket with plenty of room left over to thread into the tab nut. I had to turn my wheels to the left and put a long punch into the hole to get it to all line up. Use the original bolt that held the stock stabilizer to the bracket to go through the top of the Woods bracket and hold your new stabilizer. It's easier if you push it up through the bottom hole and put the nut on top.

Hope this answered your questions. If not ask away.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

thkans a lot!that makes a little more sense...i will try it again tomarrow and take pics...hopefully ill be able to help anyone else who is doing the install

Quick Reply: Need help with woods steering kit!