Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help on What Lift to Buy

Old 03-15-2016, 02:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help on What Lift to Buy

Hey guys, I know you get alot of these questions on here but I do need some help with this.... I just got my tires , 35x12.5/17s... Goin on stock wheels and yes with spacers.. Now I'm tryin to find a lift at least 3" with good quality.. my main question is what suspension components should I want with this lift (control arms, shocks etc..) given I may only offroad once or twice a year. And this is a daily driver.. any help is great... Thanks guys.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

I would buy a complete kit. Aev makes a great all around lift. Rock Krawler has some nice stuff too. Keep in mind you get what you pay for.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:47 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you're doing very little hardcore offroading, I would recommend a 2.5" AEV kit, correction brackets, and if you really wanted a little extra height a 1" body lift.

$1200 for everything for a 2-door and you're pretty much good to go.

2.5" AEV on 35" KM2's....
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0270A.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	640727Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0829B.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	640728

I also have 37" KO2's but currently no pics...
Old 03-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We offer various 3 and 4" systems and of course shocks.
We offer a mail-in rebate during the spring too.
Here is the info on that.
Promotions

I really like our 3" SPORT with our progressive springs.
Totally up-gradable too.

2015 - 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK 2/4 Door - 3-3.5-in. Progressive Sport System - RS66110B - Rancho® Performance Suspension & Shocks

Good luck in whatever option you go.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:15 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There is a thread stuck right to the top of this modified area called Thoughts on Lifts. In it, you will find some information about what all of the various components actually do. Good background to help you decide on which lift is right for you, or why you are getting some of the recommendations you see. Just remember that the job of many components is to correct the issues you cause by lifting, and might be more for onroad handling than offroad performance...

My opinion at 3": Caster correction. Longer links to get both swaybars level again. Taller bumpstops. Longer shocks. Brakelines/brackets/at least check the tightness? Rear raised trackbar bracket. Front adjustable trackbar. On a newer jeep, figure out what you want to do about the exhaust clearance. On a 4door, keep an eye on the tcase joint on the front driveshaft and have an idea what you'll do when it starts slinging grease. 2door, watch both shafts, and think about pinion correction for the rear axle. And read a bunch of threads for opinions on strengthening the front housing.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
There is a thread stuck right to the top of this modified area called Thoughts on Lifts. In it, you will find some information about what all of the various components actually do. Good background to help you decide on which lift is right for you, or why you are getting some of the recommendations you see. Just remember that the job of many components is to correct the issues you cause by lifting, and might be more for onroad handling than offroad performance...

My opinion at 3": Caster correction. Longer links to get both swaybars level again. Taller bumpstops. Longer shocks. Brakelines/brackets/at least check the tightness? Rear raised trackbar bracket. Front adjustable trackbar. On a newer jeep, figure out what you want to do about the exhaust clearance. On a 4door, keep an eye on the tcase joint on the front driveshaft and have an idea what you'll do when it starts slinging grease. 2door, watch both shafts, and think about pinion correction for the rear axle. And read a bunch of threads for opinions on strengthening the front housing.
Great Info there Nthinuf! !! Also thank you for all the replies. I will definitely check out that thread.

Quick Reply: Need Help on What Lift to Buy