Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help understanding coil over benefits

Old 12-20-2012, 09:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tatrhed
That's about the same conclusion I'm at. Had a cheaper lift on my TJ and was rough to the point I couldn't drink out of a coffee cup on the street and was constantly breaking stuff on trails that were not very difficult. I just need to find a good fabricator buddy like you!
if you haven't all ready put on your lift, all you need is a good reputable 2.5 inch coil/shock lift... for what you want to do... it will ride great,,, better then stock on and off road... no need to spend tons of money on coil overs (although I'd love to have those one day).. just saying.
you'll be able to go all over the Colorado mtns and drive to the 14ers trail heads with that size lift.

enjoy those 14er hikes and climbs they are assume...
Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by samcarlos
Is this all you would need for a stock suspension? Would you need any additional arms for the rear?
If you have a 4 door, you can run factory rear arms even with After market 1310 shafts. If you have a two door JK, you will need a set of upper rears.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
If you have a 4 door, you can run factory rear arms even with After market 1310 shafts. If you have a two door JK, you will need a set of upper rears.
awesome, looks as if i will be making my purchase soon!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
if you haven't all ready put on your lift, all you need is a good reputable 2.5 inch coil/shock lift... for what you want to do... it will ride great,,, better then stock on and off road... no need to spend tons of money on coil overs (although I'd love to have those one day).. just saying.
you'll be able to go all over the Colorado mtns and drive to the 14ers trail heads with that size lift.

enjoy those 14er hikes and climbs they are assume...
Haven't put the lift on yet. Still saving and debating on how to do it. Thanks for the advice and I will definitely try to enjoy those 14ers!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by samcarlos
awesome, looks as if i will be making my purchase soon!
Have you pulled the trigger yet? What setup are you going with?

Quick Reply: Need help understanding coil over benefits