Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help understanding coil over benefits

Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution

what do you want it to do? You can make a coil and shock kit ride smooth without spending a fortune. We also have a good starter kit that uses the same parts as our Coilover system.
EVO: Suspension / Steering, EVO MFG(2) 4" Lift Kit ENFORCER Package

You can pair the kit with Rancho or Bilsteins to save a little money over the Kings. It will stil ride soft
Hello offroad evolution?

I've always been more a desert fanatic and I've always wondered if you guys ever thought of running a I beam 4x4 system on a jeep? Kinda like the buggy Robby Gordon ran at koh last year? What do you think? A friend has a 95 bronco and is running 19 inches up front running bypass , 2.5 coilovers and bumpstops! Ran it last weekend and I was impressed of how it handled at high speeds.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by bluesteeljeep
Hello offroad evolution?

I've always been more a desert fanatic and I've always wondered if you guys ever thought of running a I beam 4x4 system on a jeep? Kinda like the buggy Robby Gordon ran at koh last year? What do you think? A friend has a 95 bronco and is running 19 inches up front running bypass , 2.5 coilovers and bumpstops! Ran it last weekend and I was impressed of how it handled at high speeds.
I cant speak for Mel on his thoughts of the I beam....

but the double throw down EVO lever system was inspired by desert racing. It will go faster than your JK is capable of
Old 11-30-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

It all just depends on what you want,,, there are bolt on coil over systems for a little cheaper,,, and then there are all the systems that come with the springs and shocks. The fact is,,, if you go with a reputable company and shocks, your gonna have a nice ride with a lot more off road ability. Its all fun!!! You just have to come to an agreement with yourself on what is important to you
Old 11-30-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

what do you want it to do? You can make a coil and shock kit ride smooth without spending a fortune. We also have a good starter kit that uses the same parts as our Coilover system.
EVO: Suspension / Steering, EVO MFG(2) 4" Lift Kit ENFORCER Package

You can pair the kit with Rancho or Bilsteins to save a little money over the Kings. It will stil ride soft
Most of my driving is on the street (probably 80/20). When I go off road I am in the pan of Texas on dirt roads and overland type stuff, in North West Arkansas in trails, and going through passes in Colorado on my way to trail heads. I don't do any crawling like you have in your picture earlier.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big dr
It all just depends on what you want,,, there are bolt on coil over systems for a little cheaper,,, and then there are all the systems that come with the springs and shocks. The fact is,,, if you go with a reputable company and shocks, your gonna have a nice ride with a lot more off road ability. Its all fun!!! You just have to come to an agreement with yourself on what is important to you
That's about the same conclusion I'm at. Had a cheaper lift on my TJ and was rough to the point I couldn't drink out of a coffee cup on the street and was constantly breaking stuff on trails that were not very difficult. I just need to find a good fabricator buddy like you!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by tatrhed
Most of my driving is on the street (probably 80/20). When I go off road I am in the pan of Texas on dirt roads and overland type stuff, in North West Arkansas in trails, and going through passes in Colorado on my way to trail heads. I don't do any crawling like you have in your picture earlier.
The Enforcer kit will do great for what your wanting out of a lift kit. It will ride smooth on the road and take any dirt road with ease.

If you cant afford the King 2.0, go with a Bilstein 5100 shock
Old 11-30-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Enforcer kit will do great for what your wanting out of a lift kit. It will ride smooth on the road and take any dirt road with ease.

If you cant afford the King 2.0, go with a Bilstein 5100 shock
Would it be a safe usumption that is easily built on later with your other parts to make a sort of Frankenstein kit?
Old 11-30-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Have a question. I have rock krawler lift that pushed the rear end back an inch. Will the bolt on coil overs work in the rear still????? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tatrhed
Would it be a safe usumption that is easily built on later with your other parts to make a sort of Frankenstein kit?
it easily upgradable to our bolt on coilovers or any lift kit for that matter

Originally Posted by just JK'n
Have a question. I have rock krawler lift that pushed the rear end back an inch. Will the bolt on coil overs work in the rear still????? Thanks in advance!
it will work, your only issue will be needing to relocate the rear swaybar further back than what our relocation brackets give. You would just need to drill and tap the frame for the bolts.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

it will adjust to your desired height with 35's and look great. There's not a lift kit on the market that can touch the road manners of this kit, If you are looking for the softest ride possible this is it. You dont need a stiff suspension to wheel or crawl btw.

Heres a link to the parts
Front bolt on coilovers
Rear Bolt on Coilovers
EVO Front lower adjustable arms
EVO Drag Link flip
Is this all you would need for a stock suspension? Would you need any additional arms for the rear?

Quick Reply: Need help understanding coil over benefits