Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help TONIGHT!

Old 12-19-2009, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Haven't seen any feedback on RC's spacers, but great price. Too bad they don't have any 5on5 to 5on5.5 conversions.

The issue you will have is that your tires will stick about a mile out of the wheel wells. (figuratively, of course)

Stock BS = 6.25

Your wheels = 4.625
Spacer = 1.5
New BS = 3.125"

Where did you read that backspace causes DW? Do you mean caster, perhaps? Generally it is tire balance or a loose trackbar or components. The extra BS may add a bit more strain, but should not case DW.

------

Wingsfan, you were too quick hitting enter...
I saw the info on DW in a thread. i cant remeber what one. Some people had said they had seen DW caused by wheel spacers...I took that as being an issue with BS I might have taken that too far.

With you guys saying it woulding look too hot and the chance of breaking things I think i will back out. My Jeep is a DD and cant be broke down. This wasnt a mod to help with rubbing more just for looks. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a set of 4 spacers! Ya can't beat the price The only big difference that I can see between these and Spydertrax is no fancy blue anodize. I have been looking for 1.5" 5X5 spacers for a while and this is the deal.

Quick Reply: Need Help TONIGHT!