Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need help with tire options

Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with tire options

Been ready to pull the trigger on some tires for a few weeks now and cant get it done. Tire size is 35x12.50x17. 4 door rubicon with 3.5" rock krawler x factor plus lift. This jeep is not my daily driver so i didnt want something pretty agressive that did well in mud, sand, and rocks. If i find the right tire i could go to a 16" rim with 4 to 4.5 of backspace.

Based on some tire reviews i read i was sold on the Nitto Mud Grappler. The only issue is that they only have 10 ply (e rated tires) From what i have read people say there is not enough flex when airing down.

Also looked at the Iroc's again had the same issues with only having 10 ply tires.

looked at the goodyear kevlars but wasnt really impressed with the tread as those tires are pretty similiar to what came stock on my jeep which i think suck in the mud!

any ideas?

Quick Reply: need help with tire options