Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help Tie Rod/ Drag Link

Old 10-05-2014, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help Tie Rod/ Drag Link

Hey yall, just made the step up to 35s! I will be putting on 15x8 Level 8 Trackers tomorrow and 35" KM2's, thanks Discount Tire Direct!

My question is, I need a new tie rod, drag link, and SS, mine are bent and ends worn out. I was thinking Synergy components, really liked their HD ball joints so I wanted to stay with them.

I know it is a CLOSE fit and there are some people out there running Synergy tie rods and drag links with 15s. I heard that they changed the TRE to beef them up even more. Does anyone have this exact set-up and does it fit without rubbing?? Or is there another tie rod that someone has fit with those specific wheels. I don't want to order and find out it will not fit.

Thanks in advance you guys are great!!

15x8 Level 8 Trackers -19mm offset 3.75 BS
Synergy Tie Rod P#8002
Synergy Drag Link P#8001
Fox 2.0 SS P#983-50-000
Old 10-07-2014, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone have any advice on this, has anyone changed out the TRE and made them fit with the Level 8 Trackers or do the gen2 synergy TRE fit in there?
Old 10-07-2014, 11:01 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be looking into doing the same thing (Drag Link & Tie Rod only) based on what you're doing.. And yes I have heard that Synergy has upgraded all their components.. as well as TeraFlex.. which I'm awaiting word from them on this.. Other than that, Good Luck with your project.

Very, well I've researched a bit more of your question.. The synergy drag link is what's known as a flip drag link.. meaning it will install on the top "C" instead of the bottom of the "C" steering component. So what does this mean.. it means one would have to have a wheel spacer of about 4.5 wide in order to use the synergy drag link..

Last edited by AngryRedBird; 10-11-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Come of guys I know someone can help me out with this dilemma. I need to replace these but not sure what to purchase since I have the 15s.
Thanks for any input.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Synergy tie rod assembly with 17s and 4.5" BS. It looks close even with that setup (Synergy uses the big GM ends).
Old 10-11-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

I have the tie rod with 17, but I have a couple of buddies who have the same with 15s. A lot depends on the wheel and backspacing. One has no problem with his steel wheels, another with alloys has switched to some high clearance ends.
You can't go wrong with the bar though. I know one guy who bent one, and Synergy sent him out a new bar.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:51 PM
JK Junkie

Here's my current setup with 16's and past 15's I already gave the OP
I should of noted, the edge if the joint barely rubbed the wheel. Left maybe .002-.003 groove around the ID (left side only)
Appears my Viper wheel has smaller ID then some other 15's. The viper was a beefy wheel.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 12-02-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just installed a Synergy tie rod and drag link with 15x8 Level 8 Trackers. I had been checking around to try and find a definitive answer and had no luck so I thought I'd give it a shot. These do not fit and will rub the rim without modification. I shaved a little off the housing of the TRE and it does not make contact with the wheel anymore. I will post pictures soon.

Quick Reply: Need help Tie Rod/ Drag Link