Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

NEED HELP with suspension problems

Old 03-16-2014, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 2.5" bb kit and 35" tires is very capable off road. take a look here - https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...ad-pics-20240/

Since you already have the money invested in the 4" kit, I would recommend some geometry correction brackets that have already been mentioned. They run about $100, and are fairly easy to install at home. This does not address everything, but it is one of the most affordable solutions to make the jeep drive better.

Last edited by backwoodjk; 03-16-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LockEmUp-47
I am definitely keeping my 35" tires. So I have to either buy a drag link flip kit, control arms and bump stops, or remove the current "incomplete" lift kit and have a 2"- 2.5" inch lift kit installed?? What components would be necessary in a 2.5" lift kit, in order for my jeep to function appropriately? I don't want to purchase another "incomplete" kit. I do want to maintain some off-road drivability, and the capability to navigate light to moderate terrain, though I won't be hardcore wheeling or rock-crawling, that's why I didn't want just a budget-boost.
With a 2.5" lift, you can get away with all the extra parts needed for a 4" lift. Get a decent 2.5" lift or as Tom (Dirtman) stated, a 2.5" budget boost for $300 or so will fit your needs just fine. You won't have to worry about a new drive shaft, drag link flip or upper/lower adj control arms. With the tire/wheel setup you have, I'd spend the money on HD ball joints and an HD front adj track bar to get rid of the death wobble you have.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

If this lift was purchased from this ridiculous shop, I'd be all over them (regardless) with the threat of a liability claim...
Old 03-16-2014, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out what mattr has going on page 6 of the thread called pictures of random flex testing (or something like that). He claims he did it for around $200 and it looks pretty darn functional.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow half of these replies are pointless , instead of helping him you guys keep telling him to take it back and return it and a shop is not going to do that

My opinion I would say get the control am drop brackets first , then and if you can afford it also get a real adjustable track bar on the front after that get your drag link flip

I have been where you are and these are the things that help me with my Jeep
Old 03-16-2014, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Wow half of these replies are pointless , instead of helping him you guys keep telling him to take it back and return it and a shop is not going to do that My opinion I would say get the control am drop brackets first , then and if you can afford it also get a real adjustable track bar on the front after that get your drag link flip I have been where you are and these are the things that help me with my Jeep
Your kidding right??? You do know that shops are liable for the work they do, right? It's an actual law....

We are trying to help him, but for what he needs and what his budget is, they do not agree.

He will wind up spending 2-3 times the amount of money needed to correct the issue, opposed to swapping to a budget boost which fits his keeping lifestyle...
Old 03-16-2014, 11:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Battlefrog21
Your kidding right??? You do know that shops are liable for the work they do, right? It's an actual law....

We are trying to help him, but for what he needs and what his budget is, they do not agree.

He will wind up spending 2-3 times the amount of money needed to correct the issue, opposed to swapping to a budget boost which fits his keeping lifestyle...
Yes they are liable to give him a safe jeep , but not return it or exchange it

And it's not going to take 2 or 3 times the money to fix his issues

Relocation brackets 100 bucks
Adj front track bar 250
Drag link flip 300

Last edited by jaker t5; 03-16-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Yes they are liable to give him a safe jeep , but not return it or exchange it And it's not going to take 2 or 3 times the money to fix his issues Relocation brackets 100 bucks Adj front track bar 250 Drag link flip 300
$750 (+/-) plus the cost of install if he can't do it himself or find a forum connection; $500 -$700. Then, he will eventually need new Drive shafts, adj control arms front/rear and adj rear track bar, if he does it correctly -- so yea, 2-3 times the price of a budget boost that will do him just fine and still be cheaper than the cost of drag flip, adj track bar and brackets... Then he can sell his 4" lift and probably cover the cost of the BB..
Old 03-16-2014, 12:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Battlefrog21
$750 (+/-) plus the cost of install if he can't do it himself or find a forum connection; $500 -$700. Then, he will eventually need new Drive shafts, adj control arms front/rear and adj rear track bar, if he does it correctly -- so yea, 2-3 times the price of a budget boost that will do him just fine and still be cheaper than the cost of drag flip, adj track bar and brackets... Then he can sell his 4" lift and probably cover the cost of the BB..
I don't know where you are getting your numbers from or even if you know what is needed to fix his issues on a 4dr

The lift is already on the jeep so let's help him fix the jeep instead of telling him to return the lift

What I posted above is a minimum of what he will need for his lift to work on his jeep , front drive shaft will be needed at some point but it is not a issue right now to get his jeep driving right

Last edited by jaker t5; 03-16-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:55 PM
JK Freak

I don't know where you are getting your numbers from or even if you know what is needed to fix his issues on a 4dr The lift is already on the jeep so let's help him fix the jeep instead of telling him to return the lift What I posted above is a minimum of what he will need for his lift to work on his jeep , front drive shaft will be needed at some point but it is not a issue right now to get his jeep driving right
I added the amounts you posted, and then added what the approximate cost would be for an install. And yes, I do know what it costs to build a 4dr, being I'm a previous 4dr owner and built it up pretty good...

I know you posted a minimum, but let's look at the big COMPLETED picture. It's going to cost him more than you think. As Dirtman already posted, your looking at at least 2K to fix it right and complete the kit he has.

With a 4" lift, you WILL need other supporting parts in the future in order for the lift to work properly and be dialed in..

To fix my death wobble issues, I needed new tie rod ends, HD ball joints and HD track bar.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP with suspension problems