Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help super bad

Old 03-08-2014, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help super bad

I'm installing a Rubicon Express bb. It has a 1.75" in rear and 2.5" in front. I've completed the rear, except I can't get the track bar on frame end attached again. How can I shift it up and forward? The tech I bought all the components from told me I would not need a relocation bracket with it only being 1.75". HELP!!!!!! Jeep is immobile.

Josh
Old 03-08-2014, 12:33 PM
JK Junkie

Ratchet strap it to opposite side frame rail and ratchet til holes line up
Old 03-08-2014, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
Ratchet strap it to opposite side frame rail and ratchet til holes line up
X2, or with a second person you can get them to push the jeep side to side so that you can slide the bolt in.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Ratchet strap method under way. Thank you.

Josh
Old 03-08-2014, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Ended up placing jack under the front of the rear pumpkin. Jacking on the vertical heavy seam. I was able to place enough front pressure on the rear axle. It caused the rear axle to pivot up and forward. Thank you again.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you loosen all upper and lower control arm bolts in addition to the trackbar bolts for the install and wait to retorque them until the full weight of the vehicle was back on the ground at the new ride height?
Old 03-08-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by planman
Did you loosen all upper and lower control arm bolts in addition to the trackbar bolts for the install and wait to retorque them until the full weight of the vehicle was back on the ground at the new ride height?
No
Am I in trouble?
Old 03-08-2014, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not major trouble but it's advised to.do it it puts un Nesasery torque or twist on the bushings due to the change in angle

sent from the Bottom of the mud pit

Last edited by myrojk; 03-08-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutter Bay
No
Am I in trouble?
If the bushings are twisted/preloaded/binding to the wrong ride height, they will fail prematurely, and you will have a jittery ride. Kind of like running on a twisted ankle.

The bushing bolt sleeves will twist away from the bushings, the bushings will crack/separate, etc.

Loosen all the bolts in all 8 control arms and both trackbars, vigorously rock the vehicle side-to-side and forward-and-back, and then retorque everything to spec. This should be done with the full weight of the vehicle on the ground so that the bushings are pinched between the brackets in a neutral position.

Lower control arm, trackbar, and rear upper arm bolts have a torque spec of 125 ft lbs. Front upper arms have a spec of 75 ft lbs.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you. I am going to loosen them now before I place the rear tires back on. I still have to do the front axle coil springs spacers. I have not touched the front yet. I wanted to get the rear sway arms off and replace with the new, so that I could reuse the rears up front.

Quick Reply: Need help super bad