Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help with squeaking sound!

Old 06-06-2015, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with squeaking sound!

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, so hello to all! I've got a 2012 Wrangler, with a 4 inch lift, and 35's. Okay, so I've got this squeaking/squealing noise coming from the front end somewhere. It's there when I'm driving down the road between 5 mph - 45 mph. When I press the brakes down harder it goes away, but if I'm light on the brakes, it's a lot more pronounced. I've changed the rotors and pads in the past week, as I thought something might be hanging up, but the problem persisted. I'm not really sure where to go from here, any help or starting points would be greatly appreciated! Have a great day!
Old 07-09-2015, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any help? I've got same year same setup same stupid sound.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Riznoy
Any help? I've got same year same setup same stupid sound.
This may sound nuts, but check your gas tank skid. If it is smashed in at all, it can make an extremely annoying squeak that appears to come from inside the dash.

Quick Reply: Need help with squeaking sound!