Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help from someone with MBRP high clearance offroad exhaust

Old 12-13-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help from someone with MBRP high clearance offroad exhaust

I was hoping someone with this exhaust could chime in and help me out with a question. I need to know where the muffler is located in relation to the two frame crossmembers that I have marked in the picture below. The photo is of a Dynomax exhaust and I would like to see if the skid plate that offcamber fab makes for the MBRP would cover it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one?????
Old 12-15-2011, 01:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, its in the same spot as the dynomax. I had mine on for a short period of time and took it off. The fit was great and it looked great. At low rpm's it sounded awesome. The moment you were at highway speed or heaven forbid, going up a hill, the resonance was VERY loud. You couldn't have conversation. Don't get me wrong, I think the MBRP exhaust was beautiful, it just wasn't my cup of tea when it came to how loud it was. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes it's I'm the same spot.... If you have a 2 door tho you will need to either heat shield or relocate your evap (if you haven't) since you run the risk of melting it
Old 12-15-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2008fx4
iirc - its in the same spot. i took mine off. fit like crap and sounded worse.
Your MBRP? How long ago was this? About a year? Maybe a bit longer.

I had some bad fit issues when I got mine, and it sounded like garbage. Sent it back to them and it turned out some of my pipes were bent wrong. They sent me a new kit and it sounded totally different and fit like a glove. Worlds better.

Quick Reply: Need help from someone with MBRP high clearance offroad exhaust