Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help with Shock Install

Old 09-17-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all of the advice etc... I found a bolt at ACE much better selection than lowes and home depot by far.

The ride is awesome big improvement of stock. I installed heavy springs went from 14 and 15 up front to 19's. In the rear I went from 55's to 60's. I also installed Blistein 4600 series HD shocks and a bliestein 5100 series steering stabilizer. WOw what a difference!!

But the steering stabilizer didnt really do much in fact I can tell no difference at all from the stock stabilizer. Just improved the looks I guess over stock one.LOL

Thanks again for all the help. I did all the labor my self with help from you guys and all the writes at JK project. Saved alot $$$$$$$.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea - most aftermarket SS are no better than stock. if you have your front end setup properly, the SS does very little work on the road - where it helps is off-road/rough roads to help cushion bump steer.

I don't plan on replacing mine until it's worn out.

Good job on getting it done - it's a challange at times but what is learned is worth it.

Quick Reply: Need Help with Shock Install