Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help with rubi build

Old 01-15-2011, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the advice so far guys. It's much appreciated.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

With this lift should I replace driveshafts or just wait and see if the stockers will work?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

I would stick with stock as long as you can.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok thanks. I'll wait on drive shafts. Has anyone used the 2.5" rock krawler lift? If so what was actual lift after adding front and rear bumpers?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok for update I've got almost everything figured out. Talked to rock krawler and they said actual hight is 3" front and 2" rear and shouldn't sag anymore than 1/4". So the only thing left to figure out is shocks. What do u guys think? I've heard stock rubi shocks were good so should I just buy extension brackets or should I buy new longer shocks. I'm thinking new shocks but not sure what shock to buy. I couldn't find anything by searching shocks on the forum.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are tons of shock options. Lots of people will recommend either Bilstein or OME shocks. Two totally differnet rides. the Bilstein will give a better on-road ride and will feel more stiff. The OME tends to get better reviews for off-road and you may get more of a softer ride with more body roll. Something about how the shocks react with Bilsteins having a more immediate rebound vs. a slower recoil on the OME's.

Both are great shocks and will give a better ride then stock (I have the Bilsteing 5100's and its way better than my stock shocks) and will pefrom well off-road. There are tons of other brands but these two are talked about quite a bit here.

price wise, they are similar...OME's may be a bit more but expect to pay around $70 to $90 a shock.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mpkelley20
There are tons of shock options. Lots of people will recommend either Bilstein or OME shocks. Two totally differnet rides. the Bilstein will give a better on-road ride and will feel more stiff. The OME tends to get better reviews for off-road and you may get more of a softer ride with more body roll. Something about how the shocks react with Bilsteins having a more immediate rebound vs. a slower recoil on the OME's.

Both are great shocks and will give a better ride then stock (I have the Bilsteing 5100's and its way better than my stock shocks) and will pefrom well off-road. There are tons of other brands but these two are talked about quite a bit here.

price wise, they are similar...OME's may be a bit more but expect to pay around $70 to $90 a shock.
Thanks a lot. Sounds like I'll give the bilstein shocks a try.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jethro0417
Thanks a lot. Sounds like I'll give the bilstein shocks a try.
Give Bryan at 4wd a call or David at Northridge (just check the sponsor section for their numbers). They can get you the best prices and make sure you get the right length shocks for your lift.

Quick Reply: Need help with rubi build