Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help with rubi build

Old 01-14-2011, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with rubi build

Hey guys new to forum and just bought my first jeep. 2010 rubicon 2dr manual. Pretty much decided on rock krawler 2.5" max pro lift and going to run 35x12.5 Baja MTZ on MT Sidebiters. Already ordered RR XHD stubby winch bumper and Recon winch. Thinking on 1" BL too. Looking for advice on what other mods I might need. Adjustable parts ect. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh yea also forgot to mention this jeep will se decent. Amount of mud and a little bit of trails. I'd say 70-75% highway and and the rest off road. Basically at work for a month then home for 2 weeks and will go wheeling at least a couple of times in that 2 weeks.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the forum. since you got everything purchased already. you may want to build it up and drive it for a while. never know. it may drive like poop butt or like cheery pie.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

go to benchmarkdesign and pick up theire oil pan and dual batterie tray
Old 01-14-2011, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick replys. I guess my main question is whether or not I need any additional adjustable parts than what comes with this lift.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

some good recovery gear, might think about re-gearing.
maybe some protection - rock rails, evap skid, steering relocation bracket.
def. extend your breather hoses.
some seat covers to help keep the interior clean, or at least easier to clean than the stock cloth.
will most likely need control arms and new drive shafts with that amount of lift on your 2 door. i believe adjustable uppers front and rear are the minimum? not exactly sure on the bare minimum needed there.

-Zach
Old 01-14-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks grim. I'll have to look into the uppers this kit comes only with adj lowers front and rear. I am aware of the gearing and some gussets on front axle. Planning on 5.13 but will have to deal with 4.10s for awhile.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also what all breather hoses are there? I don't have alot of mechanical no how but family does. Lol and all previous mud toys were already set up when I bought them. Looking to have fun learning about my new jeep.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...hose-extension

here's all the info you'll need on extending those.

-Zach
Old 01-14-2011, 10:02 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Jethro0417
Thanks for the quick replys. I guess my main question is whether or not I need any additional adjustable parts than what comes with this lift.
Nope. One set of adj ca's is fine for that lift height. If you get to the point of wanting to move the entire axle forward/backward in the wheel well, you can worry about the other set of arms. (One note, though. Rear uppers would actually be the better choice, if you have the option of swapping them.)

For the trackbars, a rear adj would be better than the bracket, but not really a big deal.

Looking to have fun learning about my new jeep.
Start browsing the FAQ's (top of this modified area), and then move on to the Write-ups. (there is an index stickied up top)

Last edited by nthinuf; 01-14-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help with rubi build