Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help on proper shocks!!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on proper shocks!!

So I have a 2010 2 door JK Sport Soft top. The stock springs were 13/14 front and 55 rear. I upgraded to 18 front and 59 rear. On top of this I added a 2 inch BB. I think I got about 2.75-3.25 inches of lift. I made the mistake of not measuring before.

Anways!!!! I need help choosing a proper shock. Should I go with a shock for a 2-2.5 inch lift or a shock for 3-4 inch lift?

Also the reason for asking is I may remove the spacer kit and still want the shocks to fit if I do remove it.

Lastly, Im looking for a moderately priced but quality shock.

Thanks!!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

depending on the kind of wheeling you do or if you do, i might recommend just installing a set of shock extensions. if you really want new shocks, you should get some designed for a 2"-2.5" budget boost as anything taller would most likely be too long and will bottom out.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 18/58's plus 1" spacers in front and a .5" spacers in the rear on my 2 door Sport. I love my +0-2" OME's.

Quick Reply: Need help on proper shocks!!