Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help ....please!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2007, 08:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do this all the time and have never had an issue.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:54 PM
JK Newbie

I don't know if it matters, but are you using the iPods headphone jack or one of those cables that goes from the dock conector?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It shouldnt matter....Try this for the hell of it and see what comes up.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/jk-computer-diagnostic-codes-21769/
Old 12-02-2007, 06:14 AM
JK Jedi Master

Have you connected you daughter's Ipod to your computer and checked it for a virus? Not sure that would matter, but I don't understand why an Ipod could be messing with the JK's computer.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

On the plus side...IF the ipod COULD connect to the ECU....it means there's a REALLY simple way to reprogram the ECU for bigger tires, etc.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubimon

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21769
I'm not sure, but I do know that the dock connector sends out a better/stronger line out signal than the headphone jack. I can't believe it would effect the ECU though.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toycop
I'm not sure, but I do know that the dock connector sends out a better/stronger line out signal than the headphone jack. I can't believe it would effect the ECU though.

as far as what hookup we used the headphone jack....Bought it from radio shack for $10 ...the dock connector was like $100 but it also charges the Ipod!!

on a side note there was a couple hour interval between seizures and the same fix ( disconnect battery ) worked .... we have not reconnected Ipod again so we could participate in a Christmas Parade with the club.... By the way was a blast had 27 Jeeps showed up and had to put us side by side ....outnumbered the Hummer group by almost 2 to 1 ..... Thanks to all the LOUISIANA JEEPERS for turning out!!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21769

tried this ( did it in other Chrysler vehicles also ) but the jeep did not respond AT ALL !!!!
Tried a second attempt with the same results!!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
Have you connected you daughter's Ipod to your computer and checked it for a virus? Not sure that would matter, but I don't understand why an Ipod could be messing with the JK's computer.

questioned my daughter ( 15 year old know it all ) ; but she had not heard of checking it for viruses..... If you could please give a description of the procedure I would like to try it !!!! All three of my kids ( 17y/o -15y/o -11y/o) all have I-Pods and this info could be handy !!

Quick Reply: Need Help ....please!!!!!!