Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help & Opinions - Must Replace Bent Rubicon D44 Front Axle

Old 06-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Definitely make an insurance claim. If they raise your rates, then drop them and move on to the next. Insurance companies like to lure you in with good introductory rates, especially when you're with another company. They have no customer loyalty programs. Don't worry about resale, it's not going to take a big hit for axle damage on a Jeep, especially if you replace it with a Prorock 44 or something else. If anything you take the biggest hit trading it in to a dealership. So sell it privately if that's your biggest concern. I personally have been eyeing the Fusion 4x4 Dana 60/44 hybrid but obviously the Prorock 44 is top knotch as well, but that money train hasn't rolled in for me yet. However, if you rather not go through insurance we can help each other out and I can cut you a great deal on a Dana 30 front that will drop right in for ya.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with upgrading to a beefier housing. After I bent the front in my 2014 I swapped in the Teraflex front housing, kept the factory locker, upgraded to 5.13's, RCV shafts and Reid knuckles. Best unfortunate incident that happened to me.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied in so long. I want to sincerely thank everyone for your help and input. I'm taking it all in and am about to take my Rubi into the shop where it will be checked over and diagnosed again by a second party. Although one can tell that the wheel looks off, on an angle, it's very difficult to actually see anything underneath actually bent. Without lasers and straight edges, it's not easily visible to see what's actually damaged and bent.

Quick Reply: Need Help & Opinions - Must Replace Bent Rubicon D44 Front Axle