Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need help with my side steps

Old 03-22-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with my side steps

I just bought side steps for my 2008 Unlimited X. Do I need to buy bolts to mount under the jeep? There are bolts to mount on the side but when I go under the jeep it only matches up with what looks like some kind of adhesive. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jthr34
I just bought side steps for my 2008 Unlimited X. Do I need to buy bolts to mount under the jeep? There are bolts to mount on the side but when I go under the jeep it only matches up with what looks like some kind of adhesive. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
You pull off the black adhesive. The bolt holes are under it.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

You will need three bolts for each side that bolt the step mounts to the bottom of the tub. Move the sticky tape and see if there are nut clips there. If not you will need them too.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Default side steps

Thanks. I will check it out now and let you know.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

34 the front 2 holes for your side steps are covered by a black adhesive tape square to keep out moisture. the rear hole is threaded from the factory. These bolts have a 13 mm head (wrench size). To install the 2 front bolts on each side you will need to obtain 4 ''U'' clips for these bolts to screw into. So thats 6 13mm head size bolts and 4 ''U'' clips. Drop by any good sized body shop and they should be able to help you get what you need together at very little cost. 'GOOD LUCK AND GOOD WHEELING'! p.s. all my hardware was in the box.

Last edited by TINMAN080; 03-23-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Quick Reply: need help with my side steps