Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help with mirror reloc. brackets!!!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help with mirror reloc. brackets!!!!!

OK, I give up!!! I got a set or RR mirror relocation brackets, with no instructions. Mounting the RR brackets and the hole cover is a no-brainer. BUT, how in the h*ll do you get the mirrors out of the factory brackets!!!!!!!!!
I have tried everything short of taking a hacksaw to the factory bracket. Any suggestions??
Old 08-21-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

I tok the bolt out. I'll try putting the mirror back on the door.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default RR mirror relocation

just keep wiggling. basically shake the entire vehicle to free them. don't forget to add the grey plastic inserts to you shaft holes on th RR bracket into mid 2008 and later models.

if you need i'll find and post my instructions
Old 08-22-2009, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Finally got the driver's side loose. You're right I literally had to shake the entire vehicle. I did not get any "gray plastic inserts". Not sure I am even going to do the right side, since fromwhat I've heard the right side is pretty much useless with the reloc. bracket.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:56 AM
JK Newbie

I just did this and yes, it takes a lot of wiggling and twisting to get the mirrors out of the factory brackets. I didn't bother putting the right side mirror back on as it cannot be seen with my soft doors on.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

I installed and immediately uninstalled the passenger side bracket. Most states require two mirrors. Rear view and drivers is enough. Disclaimer: Check you local laws.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Junkie

When I did mine I had major trouble getting the mirror off on the driver side. Ended up putting a drill bit in the hole and tapping it with a hammer. Came right out.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a phillips head screwdriver in the bottom where the bolt was, and use a small rubber mallet to bang it. Should fling the mirror right off. That is how I got mine out. Also be ready to catch the mirror when it flies off. Due all this with the doors still mounted on the Jeep, much easier.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pretty easily done with mirror still on door. After you take the bolt completely off from the bottom, hand screw it back in, just 1/2 or 3/4 of a turn or so. Take your mallet or hammer and give a few taps upward on the head of the bolt. Should bust it loose, and the bolt being still there keeps the mirror from flying off. Once loose, remove the bolt and remove the mirror from the bracket.

And x11ty million on leaving the pass. side as is ........... Unless required by law to have on over there when not running doors.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Need help with mirror reloc. brackets!!!!!