Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help making desision

Old 06-07-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help making desision

Alright guys looking for input on what u think I should do. I have 2010 rubi and currently have 1.25" BL. I plan on saving for rock krawler 3.5" pro, New drive shafts and want to run 37" pitbull rocker radials, it's going to take me a while to save up for everything. My question for u guys is do u think it's a good idea to buy 4 35" tires and run flat fenders until I can save up for everything else and then try and sell 35s or run the 35s out then buy the 37s do u think I should just wait. I'm anxious to get big meats on but don't know what to do. Thx guys
Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I say what and get what you really want instead of buying something just to hold you over that you know you will sell. Goodluck w/ the decision
Old 06-07-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Only if you are going to take a huge hit on the tires. People don't give much for used rubber. You will want to re-gear also for those 37's.
Yea I may run them till they are used up if I go that route. I have it figured somewhere around 6-7 grand I need to save cause I want to do everything at once lift, sleeves, teraflex speed bumpstops, regear, driveshafts. It'll probably take about 6-8 months for me to save up the cash that's why I was thinking c gussets and 35s now to tide me over lol. Just wanted other peoples thoughts on the matter to help me decide.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the posts so far guys. Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jethro0417
Thanks for the posts so far guys. Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?
I've been thinking about getting that kit, well not the aluminum one but basically the same kit, and I cant decide about getting 35s or 37s. I feel like as soon as put the 35s on Im going to think they're too small and want the 37s. I just don't want to have to regear right away. Although I think Id be ok running 37s with 4.10s for a year or so.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've learned that buying what you want the 1st time is way easier. I always change stuff cause I settled and it's way less stress just doing it right the 1st time around..
Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeep #6 here for me. Save and buy what you want the first time. Don't pay over and over and over and over and...

Like I've done in the past. This JKU I built was a one time deal. No step ups or settling. In the long run it saves a lot of time and a lot of money.

Good luck!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
I've learned that buying what you want the 1st time is way easier. I always change stuff cause I settled and it's way less stress just doing it right the 1st time around..
The only reason I'm considering 35's is to have some better tires until lifting cause it'll be 6-8 months before I can lift it and do driveshafts and such.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well seems like everyone is saying wait so I guess I'll try and check myself and just wheel the stock rubi tires for a few months. Thanks for the replies everyone.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jethro0417
Well seems like everyone is saying wait so I guess I'll try and check myself and just wheel the stock rubi tires for a few months. Thanks for the replies everyone.
You'd be surprised what it can do stock. I haves 10 rubi jku and put it through it's first real paces here last weekend and was very surprised. Stuff I thought was way to crazy it handled it like no big deal.

Quick Reply: Need help making desision