Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help leveling my Jeep...

Old 12-27-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help leveling my Jeep...

I have a 2" budget boost and i want to level my jeep out. Is there a cheap way of doing this. What would i need to accomplish this. I have a rugged ridge bumper on my jeep not in picture and plan on putting a winch on soon so that mean it is going to drop the front down even more. What about putting a puck under the front body mounts, would that work? Any info would be appreciated. If you look at the pic u can clearly see that the front dips down and i really want to level it out.

Thanks
Chris
Old 12-27-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4x4fn
I have a 2" budget boost and i want to level my jeep out. Is there a cheap way of doing this. What would i need to accomplish this. I have a rugged ridge bumper on my jeep not in picture and plan on putting a winch on soon so that mean it is going to drop the front down even more. What about putting a puck under the front body mounts, would that work? Any info would be appreciated. If you look at the pic u can clearly see that the front dips down and i really want to level it out.

Thanks
Chris
You could do a new set of front springs or add a 3/4 inch front spacer, the spacer is the cheapest way to go
Old 12-27-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best way is to put in some taller coils, but if you are on a really tight budget and just want to eliminate the rake, then put in some shorter spacers in the back.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I have a 2" budget boost and i want to level my jeep out. ...
The quick way that most people do that is to put a 2.5" BB in--it will boost the front 2.5" and the rear 2.0". Since you're past that, you might want to give David at Northridge4x4 a call and discuss these ...

Northridge4x4 Coil Spacers

David will get you set up with what you need, and will deliver top-notch customer service in the process.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks everyone who responded to my request. Any one know where the best place to get a 3/4 inch spacer kit for the front. Northridge maybe...How about price....

Chris
Old 12-28-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Junkie

Forget stacking spacers and go with new HD coil springs !!! Teraflex 2.5", OME HD 2" ... Your factory coil springs will still continue to sag with the added weight. Do the coils now !!! Do it once and save yourself the aggravation !!!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

I took a shortcut and installed 3/4 spacers from Q-tec after my initial BB lift, & my front end is raking almost like it was when stock since i added a Shrockworks mid-width bumper and a winch... i would go with new coils and avoid having to break down your front end twice...
Jim
Old 12-28-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone who responded to my request. Any one know where the best place to get a 3/4 inch spacer kit for the front. Northridge maybe...How about price....

Chris
I hope you meant 1"3/4, because this is the stance I have. The 15/16 to 2"3/4 rise in the front using the Daystar 1"1/2 pucks. It affected the back by a slight 1/16 rise also.

Ed

PS: Front 2"3/4 and back 2"1/4 when I first installed, but not sure about now. The pic was taken some time later.

Last edited by JK08MCS; 12-28-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
Forget stacking spacers and go with new HD coil springs !!! Teraflex 2.5", OME HD 2" ... Your factory coil springs will still continue to sag with the added weight. Do the coils now !!! Do it once and save yourself the aggravation !!!
I think ur right about the coil springs.. I will be looking in to that. Will get rid of the rake in my jeep.

Quick Reply: Need help leveling my Jeep...