Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help with an issue I'm having

Old 05-18-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with an issue I'm having

Ok, here's the deal, I have a stock X Unlimited right now with a 4" lift in the garage waiting to be put on. I just bought a set of 35"s to put on but the place I have to pick them up at is about an hour away. The place is doing a free mount and balance for me but the thing is I wanted the TPMS sensors switched over to the new meats. My question is:

Would I be able to fit 35s on stock just for the ride home so I can get them to switch sensors and do all that?

or Should I put the lift on first, ride down there all goofy looking on stock tires and get them to put the 35s on there? then just bring the stocks home?

Thanks for any help!!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Do the lift first. Also, what place is this that is an hour drive away? (I don't really need to know). Just rhetorically asking because Discount Tire will do the TPMS and the mount and balance for fairly cheap. Plus they're everywhere. For the amount of money you may be spending on gas for this hour drive to the place and then an hour drive back home, you may want to get a quote from discount to see how much everything will cost. Just my .2 Cents.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

I think for just highway cruising you might be able to make the 35's work, if you are not sticking with the stock wheels. If you had spacers put on I bet you would be fine too. My 33x12.50's with no lift only rubbed the stupid front air dam turning sometimes. It took flexing to make any other contact.

I bet just a freeway cruise home and you would be fine.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree do the lift first, but there are some around here that ran 35s for a short time with no lift. FEAR THE SPEED BUMP!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah lift it... You'll look like a mini-monster truck when they have the plain ole street slicks on 'em lol
Old 05-19-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
Do the lift first. Also, what place is this that is an hour drive away? (I don't really need to know). Just rhetorically asking because Discount Tire will do the TPMS and the mount and balance for fairly cheap. Plus they're everywhere. For the amount of money you may be spending on gas for this hour drive to the place and then an hour drive back home, you may want to get a quote from discount to see how much everything will cost. Just my .2 Cents.

I live in Estes Park which is one of those mountain towns in CO where everything is 1/2 an hr to an hour away...it sucks when it comes to stuff like this....but nice for alot of other things!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:37 PM
JK Newbie

Well, did the lift and picking up the tires tomorrow! Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Ok guys so here's the end result!! Love how looks! Let me know what everyone thinks!

Last edited by wolfosJK; 05-25-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Nice. Are those soft 8's?
Old 05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

Nope, they're ProComp 8069s (i think that was the model number) in 15x10

Quick Reply: Need help with an issue I'm having