Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help/Input on a ON-Board Air System

Old 03-30-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Help/Input on a ON-Board Air System

Trying to decided which system to go with .. HELP ??
Mainly to be used for Tire Inflation, Toys at the beach, ETC but would like the option of Air Tools as well?

ARB Jeep JK Wrangler Air Compressor & Mounting Bracket Package(JK-AIR-PACKAGE)?
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...JK-AIR-PACKAGE
or
ARB Jeep JK Wrangler (JK-AIR-PACKAGE) + ADD Tank ?

Viair Constant Duty Onboard Air System (10007)?
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=VA-10007

Viair Ultra Duty Onboard Air System (20001)?
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=VA-20001
Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gadget799
Trying to decided which system to go with .. HELP ??
Mainly to be used for Tire Inflation, Toys at the beach, ETC but would like the option of Air Tools as well?

ARB Jeep JK Wrangler Air Compressor & Mounting Bracket Package(JK-AIR-PACKAGE)?
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...JK-AIR-PACKAGE
or
ARB Jeep JK Wrangler (JK-AIR-PACKAGE) + ADD Tank ?

Viair Constant Duty Onboard Air System (10007)?
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=VA-10007

Viair Ultra Duty Onboard Air System (20001)?
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=VA-20001
I just installed the Viair constant duty system....and love it. I used a bracket from sisister fabworks to place compressor under hood. They make a bracket for the tank for under the hood.....but that is for the 2 gal tank.....constant duty system comes with 2.5 gal....it will not fit under hood... I installed it underneath beside the evap canister and got a skid plate that houses both. I put the pressure gage and on/off switch on dast\h above left speaker so that you can turn on before you get off trail. Air access...i install behind left rear fender just in front of license plate holder. Cutting holes in your jeep in so liberating !!!! haha
Old 03-30-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

thats what i was wondering

the ARB onboard air package from Northridge and adding a tank? anyone done this yet?

i have a 3lb hot dog tank sitting in the coner of my shop that might work ??
Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the ARB setup from Northridge too and it is a sweet package. Don't have a tank so I defer to those who do for the best way on that
Old 03-30-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Viair Super Duty dual compressor

Old 03-30-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the Northridge ARB kit and so far I like it. Little complicated to install due to the fact that the wiring harness is set up for air lockers. In the end I would do it again it seems like a well made compressor.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Powertank- two thumbs up

I thought about the advantages of a mounted system vs a power tank and went with the 10 lb Powertank package with the mount, tire guage and air hose. I've run a impact and blown up a few 37s with about 10 percent use of the capacity. It says it's supposed to seat tire beads by setting the pressure to max but I have not needed to yet. I was impressed with the quality and it's nice to be able to carry the tank to each tire or carry it in my truck also. I had it filled at a local paintball shop for 15 bucks.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am not sure if the electric air compressors can put out enough juice to handle air tools. The power tank is very capable of doing that, but you have the refill cost. Another option is the Kilby OBA. It has a hefty initial cost but can handle any task. I can fill up a 37" tire from 10 to 30 psi in 1 min per tire and use an impact gun or ratchet. I believe ORO makes a belt driven kit as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2073111208.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	143965  
Old 03-30-2011, 05:29 PM
mjm
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nchorsepower
I thought about the advantages of a mounted system vs a power tank and went with the 10 lb Powertank package with the mount, tire guage and air hose. I've run a impact and blown up a few 37s with about 10 percent use of the capacity. It says it's supposed to seat tire beads by setting the pressure to max but I have not needed to yet. I was impressed with the quality and it's nice to be able to carry the tank to each tire or carry it in my truck also. I had it filled at a local paintball shop for 15 bucks.
+1. I wanted something that was powerful & portable, so I also went a 10 lb Powertank. I have not timed it, but filling up my 35s is super quick.

Last edited by mjm; 03-30-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Smith2287
I just installed the Northridge ARB kit and so far I like it. Little complicated to install due to the fact that the wiring harness is set up for air lockers. In the end I would do it again it seems like a well made compressor.

Just ordered the ARB Kit for the JK from Northridge Now the hard part waiting for it to show up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01451_md.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	145682

Quick Reply: Need Help/Input on a ON-Board Air System