Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help finding suspension???

Old 04-28-2012, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dognights
Seriously man not to sound harsh or anything but did you even think to look at using the search on this forum?

This is by far the most talked about topic on the forum most likely. Not only is there write up and opinions on most every major lift out there already. There is excellent sponsor support that you can contact directly about specific questions regarding the products. If you get real fancy you can even find full install walkthroughs for most as well.

Haha next week I bet you are going to ask what is the best 35inch tire for a daily driver with some off road ability that is not too expensive but is not cheap. Priobably also toss in where can I get a deal on 16 inch black wheels and what backspacing should I use.

Either way good luck on your project.
Wow! That's a thread killer post right there. Ouch.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was actually thinking the same as dognights but.....

Do yourself a favor and do more research for a month or two before pulling the trigger...
Don't buy the AEV lift, it's a rip imo...just some cheap ass brackets.
The Fox shocks may be good shocks but not worth the money...mostly just for show.

If you want a good solid kit, that you will be happy with in the long run, I always recommend Rock Krawler. However, I do not recommend the Pro Kits. Unless you REALLY need to save weight, it's a waste to spend a decent amount of money more just to have aluminum parts...Steel vs. Aluminum...I'll take steel any day, IT'S A JEEP!!

Take a look at the Rock Krawler Max Travel Systems with Bilstein 5100 shocks...It essentially replaces every part of your suspension and steering system with really heavy duty durable parts, not just some cheap ass brackets like AEV, plus RK has their Abuse Proof Lifetime Warranty on all hard parts.

Last edited by FlameRedJK; 04-29-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FlameRedJK
I was actually thinking the same as dognights but.....

Do yourself a favor and do more research for a month or two before pulling the trigger...
Don't buy the AEV lift, it's a rip imo...just some cheap ass brackets.
The Fox shocks may be good shocks but not worth the money...mostly just for show.

If you want a good solid kit, that you will be happy with in the long run, I always recommend Rock Krawler. However, I do not recommend the Pro Kits. Unless you REALLY need to save weight, it's a waste to spend a decent amount of money more just to have aluminum parts...Steel vs. Aluminum...I'll take steel any day, IT'S A JEEP!!

Take a look at the Rock Krawler Max Travel Systems with Bilstein 5100 shocks...It essentially replaces every part of your suspension and steering system with really heavy duty durable parts, not just some cheap ass brackets like AEV, plus RK has their Abuse Proof Lifetime Warranty on all hard parts.
actually the aluminum is better than steel, besides weight the 7075 aluminum will go back to its original shape if bent. also stronger than steel.The 7075-T6 aluminum has a yield strength of 73,000 psi. By comparison, 4130 annealed Chromoly steel has a yield of 66,700 psi.

Last edited by olram30; 05-06-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:19 PM
RND
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dognights
Seriously man not to sound harsh or anything but did you even think to look at using the search on this forum?

This is by far the most talked about topic on the forum most likely. Not only is there write up and opinions on most every major lift out there already. There is excellent sponsor support that you can contact directly about specific questions regarding the products. If you get real fancy you can even find full install walkthroughs for most as well.

Haha next week I bet you are going to ask what is the best 35inch tire for a daily driver with some off road ability that is not too expensive but is not cheap. Priobably also toss in where can I get a deal on 16 inch black wheels and what backspacing should I use.

Either way good luck on your project.
Ikes. Very harsh disposition.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RND

Ikes. Very harsh disposition.
Uhh... Sorry, but I can't say it's harsh. There is so much good information already available that posting up a new thread about it is kind of lazy. Do your research, narrow down your options then come back with a detailed question or two
Old 05-09-2012, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

The first question is why do you want it lifted? If your just looking to accommodate larger tires you can hang 35s with just a 2.5 in spacer kit..but if your going to be doing any flexing you'll still need to extend your break lines. If your not doing any serious crawling why waste your money on a fancy long arm kit unless you just want to look like the cool kids.. Lol
Old 05-09-2012, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

And don't believe you need to drop tons if cash into suspension just to go wheeling.. Mark smith first did the rubicon in a stock Willys..

Quick Reply: Need Help finding suspension???