Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need HELP FINDING BLUE PRINTS!

Old 11-24-2015, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need HELP FINDING BLUE PRINTS!

Need help hunting down a good set of frame roll age and body blue prints with measurements for a 4dr 2011 wrangler, I'm trying to start the design on a new bumper and tail gate that can hold 2-20L jerry cans, a 35x12.5x17" tire and a 20-100lbs propane tank. I can't seem to find anything with good solid measurements and I'd like to get started on the project asap so please help.
CAD field blueprints what ever will help!
Old 11-25-2015, 02:38 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by LoafOfBread
Need help hunting down a good set of frame roll age and body blue prints with measurements for a 4dr 2011 wrangler, I'm trying to start the design on a new bumper and tail gate that can hold 2-20L jerry cans, a 35x12.5x17" tire and a 20-100lbs propane tank. I can't seem to find anything with good solid measurements and I'd like to get started on the project asap so please help.
So you want other people's cad or dimensional drawings. Are you willing to pay for other people's intellectual property? If so say so. No one works for free except maybe mom.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:43 AM
Former Member

Tape measure and a notepad are your friends. Might need a pen or pencil as well.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:23 AM
JK Newbie

This app is for the exchanging of jeep experiences and knowledge +babes in them....
And I would if I could but I'm 1500km away from my jeep.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:24 AM
JK Newbie

This app is for the exchanging of jeep experiences and knowledge +pictures of babes in them.... And I would if I could but I'm 1500km away from my jeep.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:51 AM
Former Member

So if somebody sent you the specs you would build without checking the dimensions on your own rig first? Ever heard of measure twice and cut once? Hey go nuts and spend 40 hours building but not 2 hours measuring.
When you go to buy parts they ask for the vehicle VIN number. That's because specs change often. Car plants don't use the exact same parts or dimensions over the span of hundreds of thousands of vehicles.
I build plants designed to build 90 units per hour on a 20 hour day. 1800 out the door per day projection but usually around 1200 average. The 4 hour downtime is to change over revised modules.
Car plants are only assembly points for parts manufactured by suppliers. If anything the only parts made on site are stamped body panels. Not too many plants even do that anymore. With so many variables are you sure you don't want to take your own measurements?

So if you find someone to supply the info you are asking for...you won't take a tape measure and note pad and pen or pencil to check?
Old 11-25-2015, 04:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have friends who work for jeep and can't access that file. Very few people have it and the ones who do, don't give it out. Mainly the large aftermarket guys get it. I assume they have to pay for it. A buddy of mine has it and it's awesome, but zero chance even I can get a copy.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:34 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks invest.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

FYI... my aftermarket rear bumper didn't fit. My frame rails were out spec, so if you are going custom measuring will be your friend . If your frame rails are out of spec, cut the weld, adjust, re-weld, and apply corrosion protection; I would rather avoid that mess again. I am probably 1 in 10,000 but the manufacturer will say to test fit first before painting or powder coating.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoat
FYI... my aftermarket rear bumper didn't fit. My frame rails were out spec, so if you are going custom measuring will be your friend . If your frame rails are out of spec, cut the weld, adjust, re-weld, and apply corrosion protection; I would rather avoid that mess again. I am probably 1 in 10,000 but the manufacturer will say to test fit first before painting or powder coating.
That is a good point. My Jeep is way out of spec. Anything I ever bought for it had to be modified. And it is way off.

Quick Reply: Need HELP FINDING BLUE PRINTS!