Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need HELP with Electrical Gremlin during my Rigid Industry installation!

Old 05-15-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jchappies
Did you hook up relays or is everything connected straight to the battery?
Yes, relays are in the system. I am thinking of connecting one light at a time via small jumper cable directly to the battery to see if it works, which I am most positive that it is.
Such a simple wiring is giving me so much trouble. IT ALL WORKED when I connected it on the hood (with relays and all. The only difference is when I ran it into the cabin I cut the switch connectors to easily bring wires into the cabin. Nothing else changed.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bet your getting some interference bleed from the lights. Try re-routing all your wires or shield your wire.

Last edited by jchappies; 05-15-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jchappies
I bet your getting some RF bleed from the lights. Try re-routing all your wires or shield your wire.
Would I blow the fuse if I cross wires on the switch? Cause I am sure I did cross wires on the switch trying different configuration to make it work.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you could blow a fuse if you have a switch with an LED in it, that would mean you would have had to provide a ground for the switch and if you connected something wrong it will blow a fuse.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SFBayArea
Oh, yes, I have that one. Still don't know how it can help me ?
So you have a test light but don't know how it can help you? It's to check where you have power and where you don't.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok take one set of lights make sure wires are properly grounded and make sure any butt splices that you used to lengthen wires are crimped tight. Test for power ,with test light ,you mentioned a clicking sound , do you have at least 30 amp relays ? Check relays ! Also Rigids power in and power out are backwards ( there instr are wrong ) reverse the connectors on switch.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I found the problem. As usual it is simple thing that I overlooked - blown fuse on both E bar and D2s. I went on doing all of the hard troubleshooting instead of checking fuses (I just could not think that both fuses on separate lines gone at the same time).
Old 05-16-2014, 02:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rebar-7

Did you check the inline fuse in the wiring? You might of popped it some how
Yep.........
Old 05-16-2014, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SFBayArea
Two of them? On D2 and on E bar? I have not checked them, but it's unlikely to blow both, no?
Unlikely, but I know I blew a fuse on my D2's during install. I just keep a pack of fuse in my Jeep just in case.

Quick Reply: Need HELP with Electrical Gremlin during my Rigid Industry installation!