Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need help with coil springs

Old 03-10-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with coil springs

I have a 4 door wrangler x with a 2.5" bb lift. I added a custom front bumper and a 12000 lb winch. Problem is it sagged the front end alot. I was wondering if the rubicon springs from a 4 door were stiffer than my factory so I can pick it back up some. If not I may have to put the rear back factory and run 33s instead of 35s which I dont want to do. Please help me wit this. Thanks
Old 03-10-2009, 06:52 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

rubi coils are a little stiffer but not enough to make up the difference you are seeing. you can however stack a 1" spacer on top of what you have now and that should help you out.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe, maybe not. There are Rubicons that have the SAME spring you have. There are so many different spring numbers for these Jeeps, it's a tough call. Your best bet is to call David at Northridge. He can give you the best option.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Might I suggest taking out the BB in the front and going with TF 3" coils in the front. Talk with Dave @ Northridge4x4 360-340-0282

Quick Reply: need help with coil springs