Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help choosing correct Air lift 1000 Bags for my jk after installing 2 inch kit

Old 06-11-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help choosing correct Air lift 1000 Bags for my jk after installing 2 inch kit

Hey guys, i am planning to buy OME ( Old Man Emu 2 inch Suspention kit - Hard ) and was thinking how to find the matching Air Lift 1000 Bags for the kit springs? The only info i could find was the writing on project-jk for bag installation that said that you must measure first the spring and find the corresponding bag, but couldn't know how,
Any help here would be appreciated.
Thank you Guys.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Hy 15 Views till now and no reply guys?? Please any help here is really appreciated,
Thank you guys
Old 06-12-2011, 09:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Install the new springs, measure the inside diameter of the springs with the wheels on the ground. Measure the distance between the spring purches. then call the tech support line and they will tell you the kit number to order. that's what worked for me.

Just know that this will become a special order and they probably won't warrantee the fit to your vehicle.

Last edited by KenB1010; 06-12-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KenB1010
Install the new springs, measure the inside diameter of the springs with the wheels on the ground. Measure the distance between the spring purches. then call the tech support line and they will tell you the kit number to order. that's what worked for me.

Just know that this will become a special order and they probably won't warrantee the fit to your vehicle.

Thanks alot Ken, but it worked for you correct???, I mean they will work and fit good in my jk ??
Old 06-13-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by archibullo
Thanks alot Ken, but it worked for you correct???, I mean they will work and fit good in my jk ??
I was able to get a good fit by calling in the measurements. Unfortunately, I developed a leak in one of the bags. Air lift sent me new bags.

That said the air bags didn't turn out to be the correct solution for me. I think that they would be great for adjusting rear sag when you load the jeep up for camping or are pulling a trailer. My use is more continuous, because I installed an aux fuel tank. I'm looking at getting new rear springs with increased spring rate to compensate for the additional weight. I think the air springs are a quality product, they just don't fit the needs that i have for my jeep.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KenB1010
I'm looking at getting new rear springs with increased spring rate to compensate for the additional weight.
I am having the same problem. What springs did you end up going with?

Quick Reply: Need Help choosing correct Air lift 1000 Bags for my jk after installing 2 inch kit