Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need help on buying the right 4" lift kit

Old 08-06-2008, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need help on buying the right 4" lift kit

Question: what is the best 4" lift kit. The lift kit I am looking at a skyjacker 4" long arm series lift kit with Nitro shocks with a pitman arm. The cost is $2251.98. my jeep is a Sahara unlimited with 44 at the rear and 30 in the front should I stay with short arms or go with long arms?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you'll get more feedback in the modified tech section
Old 08-06-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Full traction!!!

I have a full traction ultimate 3" and could not be happier. It is listed as a 3" but I got nearly 4 and the ride, once i dialed it in, is better than stock. Im also running superlift SSR shocks, made by bilstein, and I love em..
Old 08-06-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

If your not gonna wheel the snot out of it, I'd stick with short arms. As for which manufacturer to go with, its hard to go wrong with any of them these days. Most people have told me to go with who ever has the best customer service. I've heard good things about Teraflex, Clayton, in that respect.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 08-06-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the Skyjacker 4" short arm kit that came with their 'nitro' shocks.

The flex is fantastic, however if you are looking for ride height, and a level Jeep front to back I would stay away from it.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have skyjacker coils but that is the end of the brand as far as parts go. I am running stock control arms all around and custom assembled my lift. NO LIFT KIT, just random parts like adj track bars front and rear, springs, shocks, etc.

Check my sig for a link and a fun build!
Old 08-06-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by pat quesnel
Question: what is the best 4" lift kit. The lift kit I am looking at a skyjacker 4" long arm series lift kit with Nitro shocks with a pitman arm. The cost is $2251.98. my jeep is a Sahara unlimited with 44 at the rear and 30 in the front should I stay with short arms or go with long arms?
long arm for sure,

Quick Reply: need help on buying the right 4" lift kit