Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help!!Bushwackers and 1.5" Spacers

Old 07-23-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!Bushwackers and 1.5" Spacers

Do you guys think that I will need to use 1.5" spacers with 35x12.5 tires and bushwacker flare fenders? I do not want to get the tires off the flares, but I want them to fill the space.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why is this in anything and everything? should be in modified

depends on your backspacing, but with 4.75 backspacing with 12.5's my tires stick out about 1.5-2in form stock flare, the bush are 2.5in wider I think? best thing is probably put the bushwackers on and see if you like how they look if not get the spacers
Old 07-23-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Do you currently have any of the parts you're talking about? The rims, tires, spacers or flares?

You didn't give much in the way of details and didn't mention your backspacing at all. Personally, I'd have the tires and rims put on (spacers too, if they're required for your set up) and see how you like it and see how far they do or don't stick out. Since the flares are more expensive than the spacers, I'd put those on first and see where you are with the stock flares and go from there (if you're adding them to wheels/tires you already are rolling on).

Oh and another reason to do the flares last in addition to them being more expensive than the spacers, is that you must cut the skeleton of the inner fender and once you do that, you'd have to glue it back together if you want to reinstall your factory turn signals (I suppose you could glue them to the actual flare).

I just finished up installing bushwacker flares on mine this morning (boy was it humid in the DC area even at 8am) and while their instructions are great, it's definitely a few hours worth of work, so save this step for last. Unless of course you really just want the Bushwackers regardless in which case do it in any order you want.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Do you currently have any of the parts you're talking about? The rims, tires, spacers or flares?

You didn't give much in the way of details and didn't mention your backspacing at all. Personally, I'd have the tires and rims put on (spacers too, if they're required for your set up) and see how you like it and see how far they do or don't stick out. Since the flares are more expensive than the spacers, I'd put those on first and see where you are with the stock flares and go from there (if you're adding them to wheels/tires you already are rolling on).

Oh and another reason to do the flares last in addition to them being more expensive than the spacers, is that you must cut the skeleton of the inner fender and once you do that, you'd have to glue it back together if you want to reinstall your factory turn signals (I suppose you could glue them to the actual flare).

I just finished up installing bushwacker flares on mine this morning (boy was it humid in the DC area even at 8am) and while their instructions are great, it's definitely a few hours worth of work, so save this step for last. Unless of course you really just want the Bushwackers regardless in which case do it in any order you want.
Yes I have all the stuff here is what I have

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=94703&page=2

But the thing is that I am still waiting on the suspension, That is why I have not install nothing. But I just wanted to know if I need spacers So I can make the prder and put all together
Old 07-23-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Very nice collection of goodies! And since you've already got the fenders and you're waiting, I don't see a problem throwing them on. Did your suspension kit tell you what backspacing you need? I'm assuming it did, my RE kit did and had I not reused the rims I had before my lift and bought them with 4.5" of backspacing like the RE kit requires I wouldn't have needed spacers. So, in a nutshell if you got those very nice M/T's with the proper spacing I'm guessing when you mount them up they'll be far enough out for your suspension and push them out enough to fill up those Bushwackers. Worst case scenario you put them on and decide you need spacers still for the right look. Adding the spacers after the fact is simple enough and they're not real expensive. So I say mount em all up without the spacers (as long as the rims have the proper backspace for your lift) and not worry about spacers.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Very nice collection of goodies! And since you've already got the fenders and you're waiting, I don't see a problem throwing them on. Did your suspension kit tell you what backspacing you need? I'm assuming it did, my RE kit did and had I not reused the rims I had before my lift and bought them with 4.5" of backspacing like the RE kit requires I wouldn't have needed spacers. So, in a nutshell if you got those very nice M/T's with the proper spacing I'm guessing when you mount them up they'll be far enough out for your suspension and push them out enough to fill up those Bushwackers. Worst case scenario you put them on and decide you need spacers still for the right look. Adding the spacers after the fact is simple enough and they're not real expensive. So I say mount em all up without the spacers (as long as the rims have the proper backspace for your lift) and not worry about spacers.

Here is the specs from the wheels. I purschased the rock krawler 3.5 factor mid arm(have any reviews form this suspension), but i do not know the backspacing needed. 35" tires will not fit without the suspesion right? I can't wait until next week LOL

17x9, 5 on 5 Bolt Pattern
BackSpace 4.5 in.
Max Load= 3000lbs
Finish = Polished
Hubcentric= No
Offset = -12 mm

Quick Reply: Need Help!!Bushwackers and 1.5" Spacers