Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help with Bushing Part Numbers

Old 01-02-2014, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Bushing Part Numbers

I am in the process of lifting my 2014 2 dr Rubicon - I am only going with a BB as I do not take it off road a lot so I only have the coil spacers. While I have everything apart I am going to be getting a lot of the suspension components powder coated and this is where I need some help. I need to remove the factory bushings due to the powder coating process and will need replacements. Here is what I am removing;

1. Front Lower Control Arms
2. Front Upper Control Arms
3. Front Track Arm
4. Rear Lower Control Arms
5. Rear Upper Control Arms
6. Rear Track Arm

Can anyone help identify the bushings I will need for these and best place to get them?

I am only really looking to do this for appearance reasons as I can get the powder coating done for almost nothing - so buying upgraded parts already powder coated isn't really cost effective for my application.

Also - thoughts on going with polyurethane vs rubber? I have read that the poly will cause a rougher ride over rubber - again this is my DD so the ride is important to me.

Any information on this would be helpful - Thanks
Old 01-02-2014, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Looking at the parts books for '07 to '11, I don't see where the bushings are available. The service manual mentions nothing about removing them, either.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:34 AM
JK Junkie

Can't help with the bushing part numbers but a poly bushing will ride rougher, transmit more vibration into cab, not flex as well as a rubber will but will last considerably longer than a rubber will. For a street driven offroad machine I would stay away from poly. It more for the high performance/ handling department. Ohh and poly is known to squeak pretty good too
Old 01-02-2014, 10:37 AM
JK Junkie

Ok so shop jeep parts .com has em for $74 front and $74 rear. There is actually a thread from 2009 on here about it and you'll need a shop press to press them off and new ones on
Old 01-02-2014, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
Ok so shop jeep parts .com has em for $74 front and $74 rear. There is actually a thread from 2009 on here about it and you'll need a shop press to press them off and new ones on
I must be looking at the wrong place - it keeps taking me to jc whitney and I can't find bushings only. Also haven't had any luck on the 2009 post either - not my day for forum! Thank you on your adivse on the poly - it just confirms what I have heard, I will be sticking with rubber.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:47 PM
JK Junkie

Google jeep jk control arm bushings

Quick Reply: Need Help with Bushing Part Numbers