Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help building hoist on concrete ceiling.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help building hoist on concrete ceiling.

The ceiling to my house in my garage is concrete. How can i make a hoist system for my hardtop. I don’t know how to get parts attached to the ceiling because it is made of concrete. Any ideas or solutions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2016, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've used tapcons from Home Depot on walls many, many times without issue. They hold extremely well but I have never done it on a ceiling. They're like screws that go into concrete after predrilling. They have all different sizes.

Tapcon 3/16 in. x 1-3/4 in. Philips Climaseal Steel Flat-Head Concrete Anchors (75-Pack)-24355 - The Home Depot
Old 03-19-2016, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to say blue screws but you beat me to it. I've never tried them overhead like that though
Old 03-19-2016, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys ill probably start it in a couple weeks.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there a Fastenal near you ? They have lots of options. You will need a hammer drill though.

I would refrain from using Tapcons ( the blue screws) for any overhead hoisting.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Use a hammer drill and a two part epoxy to glue the fastener in place. Make sure to clean the hole out good with clean compressed air and a hole cleaning brush. Simpson makes plug caps to help keep the epoxy from running out or you may have good luck with duct tape.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U can also glue up some 2x4s with liquid nails/ construction adhesive and use tapcons/ lag bolts with shields to attach to the ceiling then u can run the hoist system off the 2x4's like normal.

Quick Reply: Need help building hoist on concrete ceiling.