Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help with budget boost question.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with budget boost question.

I am looking at getting a TF 2.5" BB with 285x70 17 KM2 and stock wheels.

My question is, do I need wheel spacers. I did some research and read that If you plan on disconnecting your sway bar then you need wheel spacers. Well I dont plan on disconnecting my sway bar and plan on dueing just mild offroad.
So do I need wheel spacers. Also what about the FT 2" BB, would i need spacers for that lift or not..Thanks

Chris
Old 08-06-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4x4fn
I am looking at getting a TF 2.5" BB with 285x70 17 KM2 and stock wheels.

My question is, do I need wheel spacers. I did some research and read that If you plan on disconnecting your sway bar then you need wheel spacers. Well I dont plan on disconnecting my sway bar and plan on dueing just mild offroad.
So do I need wheel spacers. Also what about the FT 2" BB, would i need spacers for that lift or not..Thanks

Chris
YOu should be fine without wheel spacers and mild offroading. I ran the TF BB for a few months. Warning: you will find out that this Jeep thing is addicting and more and more parts will soon follow!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
YOu should be fine without wheel spacers and mild offroading. I ran the TF BB for a few months. Warning: you will find out that this Jeep thing is addicting and more and more parts will soon follow!
Thanks for the respond Julietkilo. I hope your right. There must be some more people out there that could chime in. Help a rookie out...

Chris
Old 08-07-2008, 03:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Without disconnecting your front swaybar you "should" be fine. However, it won't be long before you realize that a simple disconnect will allow your Jeep to keep it's tires on the ground for better traction. It is fine to go through this process is stages. Many folks do go through a process as they become more experienced they make changes that suite their particular needs. When you want to disconnect your swaybar easily I recommend this simple solution. This link is a very inexpensive way to accomplish this task.

4x4xplor.com/homediscos.html
Old 08-07-2008, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4
Without disconnecting your front swaybar you "should" be fine. However, it won't be long before you realize that a simple disconnect will allow your Jeep to keep it's tires on the ground for better traction. It is fine to go through this process is stages. Many folks do go through a process as they become more experienced they make changes that suite their particular needs. When you want to disconnect your swaybar easily I recommend this simple solution. This link is a very inexpensive way to accomplish this task.

4x4xplor.com/homediscos.html
What would be recomended for spacers, 1", 1.25" or 1.50" I am putting on 285x70 17 on stock wheels. 6.5" backspacing and I dont want to stick out past the stock fenders more then an inch or less. Thanks

Chris
Old 08-07-2008, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

1.50 it looks good even with the stock M/T's
Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4x4fn
What would be recomended for spacers, 1", 1.25" or 1.50" I am putting on 285x70 17 on stock wheels. 6.5" backspacing and I dont want to stick out past the stock fenders more then an inch or less. Thanks

Chris
1.5" spacers should put you 3/4" to 1" outside the flares, that is what I stick out with my 4" BS wheels and 285's.

Last edited by Jeepin Dad; 08-07-2008 at 06:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Need help with budget boost question.