Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need HELP!!! Bedliner question?????

Old 05-18-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need HELP!!! Bedliner question?????

I'm sure there are many posts on this topic. The sound deadener thats on the floors of the jk, if i remove that to make the bed line look nice whats the sound difference?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tjwillmann07
I'm sure there are many posts on this topic. The sound deadener thats on the floors of the jk, if i remove that to make the bed line look nice whats the sound difference?
I've got a 2-dr Rubi with stock wheels/tires and all carpet is removed. At 70 miles an hour it's moderately loud, but i can still talk on the cell phone and hear fine.....not sure if that answers your question, but it's some info. What size/type tires are you running? That would make a difference.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I have had several items Line-Xed and talk to the guys at the shop about getting my jeep tubbed and asked specifically about the sound. They told me that with Line-X the product is thick enough to replace the sound deadening material that comes stock. I was also informed that many of the DIY products are not thick enough to provide replacement sound deadening. Just what I have heard.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadPunkin
I have had several items Line-Xed and talk to the guys at the shop about getting my jeep tubbed and asked specifically about the sound. They told me that with Line-X the product is thick enough to replace the sound deadening material that comes stock. I was also informed that many of the DIY products are not thick enough to provide replacement sound deadening. Just what I have heard.
I smell SALES PITCH!!!

The big difference is with and without carpet....once you get to the point of removing the carpet you will see little if any difference.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I did mine I just left it there and went over it. I've had no problems with the liner comeing off.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110519_100636.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	162114  
Old 05-19-2011, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took my carpet out a few weeks ago b/c it got really wet. I'm in the process of slowly prepping for bedlining. I've been leisurely removing the sound deadener. I haven't really noticed any difference in road noise. But, I haven't had doors or top on in over a month.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone tried the Dyna Mat on the floors. Obviously you would have to use your carpet to hide it, but I've used this on building a hot rod Camaro and found a big difference. I did both the floors and doors. Makes a big difference in sound for the stereo too. Just curious.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wouldn't that dynomat stuff absorb the rain leaks?
Old 05-23-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAFHR
Has anyone tried the Dyna Mat on the floors. Obviously you would have to use your carpet to hide it, but I've used this on building a hot rod Camaro and found a big difference. I did both the floors and doors. Makes a big difference in sound for the stereo too. Just curious.
yeah my buddy dynamat his whole jk. the sound is great with soft top on, but sounds even better with the hard top. it doesn't sound like a jeep at all because all the road noises, wind, etc, are all silent with dynamat. although I believe it did get a bit expensive and time consuming but it's worth it if your trying to get a solid sounding jk.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Just got done waiting for it to dry.,,

Quick Reply: Need HELP!!! Bedliner question?????