Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need help with axles and big tires

Old 02-19-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

The only labor I added in my description was for gear install so figure about $600 off the quote I had earlier. But add some more back in for "bulletproof". If you have an automatic add another $5k for a supercharger or $15k-$35 for a ls swap so you can actually turn the wheels.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The only labor I added in my description was for gear install so figure about $600 off the quote I had earlier. But add some more back in for "bulletproof". If you have an automatic add another $5k for a supercharger or $15k-$35 for a ls swap so you can actually turn the wheels.
Truth from this man.. I am on a auto pentastar, and my next choice is ripp.. Im only on 37's. if you truly want to get out, and let your rig eat. its a lot of time, and money.. That being said if you are a 95% mall crawler, and you just want to play. It is your rig at the end of the day. do what makes you happy, but start a jeep fund.. good luck to you sir! keep us poseted on your experience, and build
Old 02-19-2014, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

the Reason For This Build Is Because A Guy At Work Had 40 Inch Tires And I Couldn'tBelieveHow Good It Looked I Talked To Him And He Just Beefed Up His Axles And Ran 5.13..... HE Said There Was Never A Problem In The Axles But I Am Going Bigger Axles Now... Asked How Can You Move Those Tires With The Little Motor....He Said It Wasn't To BaD....Probably gGoing 5.38 Gears thanks For All The help
Old 02-19-2014, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by csawatzky
the Reason For This Build Is Because A Guy At Work Had 40 Inch Tires And I Couldn'tBelieveHow Good It Looked I Talked To Him And He Just Beefed Up His Axles And Ran 5.13..... HE Said There Was Never A Problem In The Axles But I Am Going Bigger Axles Now... Asked How Can You Move Those Tires With The Little Motor....He Said It Wasn't To BaD....Probably gGoing 5.38 Gears thanks For All The help
I wish you the best sir! it seems like you are after th look more than the capability of the rig. For around town sure it will move itself forward. When you slap those bad boys on there post up pics!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:09 PM
JK Junkie

When it comes to this question I'm a broken record...I did a ton of research and I went with Dynatrac pro rock d44 up front and the pro rock d60 in the rear, synergy ball joints, RCV axles, 5.13 gearing and ARB lockers.

but I am only running 37's...

if your serious about 40's then go with a d60 up front.

matthew
Old 02-19-2014, 09:13 PM
JK Newbie

All That Being Said Is It A Bad Idea To Go 6 Inch Lift
Old 02-20-2014, 03:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 02-20-2014, 04:15 AM
JK Freak

The one has exactly what to do with the other?????
Old 02-20-2014, 05:59 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a bad idea to do a 6" Rough Country lift.

It is unnecessary to do a 6" lift from the very limited other manufacturer out there that offer one.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

not at all. Im about to go to a rubicon express 5.5 heavy duty 4 link long arm kit. Im only running 37. When u get in those rocks i would rather lift a wheel then rub. But im also going 6inch so when i can afford prorock60s i will not have to change my lift to run the 40

Last edited by Grubbicon; 02-20-2014 at 06:27 AM.

Quick Reply: need help with axles and big tires