Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help!!! Asap....

Old 12-22-2007, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!! Asap....

hey there, I have a problem that has been addressed many times in this forum, but I want a straight no BS solution, I have sifted through the other threads and have many opinions, I need someone who has fixed/or actaully knows how to fix the problem....I have the "DEATH WOBBLE"!!

it happened when my jeep was stock a few times, my stabilizer was broken so i replaced that and it was fine for a while, then i put a teraflex 2.5" bb on and it was fine for quite a while, now im experienceing the wobble again, its at about 70kms, or 45miles, for you southern jeepers, I have checked my bolts and my track bar several times and there doesnt seem to be a sign of a problem there, I have the stock track bar on still and would like to get the adjust. asap...also still stock 17's with 32" tires, its a 4 door jk

I would like to know what do to with this to fix it, Im not opposed to buying control arms and whatever else i need, i just dont want to buy things that i dont really need, im on a budget just like everyone else...

PLEASE HELP WITH SOME VALID SOLUTIONS, NOT JUST OFF THE CUFF OPINIONS....

THANKS
KC
Old 12-22-2007, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

i had the death wabble after i had a front end alligment done at sears, it happend to me at 55mph and again at 50, same night, turned out to be the stabilizer shock up front for the steering that was lose to the point i could spin it 180 deg, had them fix it and it went away, i have a rough country 2" lift on it. and had the alligment done after the lift was put on, its the two u-bolts that hook to the shock they were lose if thats not it im not sure then, hope that helps any. sry if it dont.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

cant really think of any ideas i have death wobble myself...

maybe WOL can help you out

good luck!!
Old 12-22-2007, 04:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the wobble at a steady 35-40 mph. Was fine above or below that speed. It would get progressively worse once it started and I would have to slow down below 20 mph to get it to stop. I had the tires road-force balanced a couple of days ago and it took care of that. I still get it when I hit a sharp bump in the road occasionally. I believe it to be steering geometry related.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Have you had it off road where a wheel weight might have gotten knocked off?? Does it act like a tire out of balance. Does it gets worse the faster you go if so It's most likely a balance problem. Before you go and spend money on parts you might not need I would take it down to the tire shop and have the tires rebalanced. 9 out of 10 its a tire balance problem.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

List of things to look for...
loose bolt on your front control arms, traction bar, or your stablizer.
Broken brackets on your axle
Broken braket on your frame
Badly bent member in your suspension.

Best of luck

Quick Reply: Need Help!!! Asap....