Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help! Afe exhaust or mbrp

Old 08-19-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help! Afe exhaust or mbrp

OK, just installed my superchips programmer 87 tune and it looks like im gonna need more power. I have a Airraid CAI and the programmer and was ready to buy the MBRP but just came across the AFE stainless system. Does anyone have the AFE and what do u think of it? They claim 13hp and 15 ft. lb. Looks like a nice system and little less then the MBRP stainless. I am really looking to see if anyone has a video clip of the AFE.

Thanks in advance and I will post any mpg increase with the new programmer if i get any....
Old 08-19-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

If you really REALLY need more horsepower....... better get a blower or a hemi. I have both the MBRP SS muffler and the superchips tuner and no REAL hp increase. The muffler sounds great (what I bought it for) and the superchips makes things a little more smooth, allowed me to change tire size calibration, and reset TPMS pressures. I was down this road years ago with a Land Crusher and all I did was spend alot of money on a chip, and exhaust to turn a beauty of an underpowered beast into an EXTREMELY NOISY underpowered beast. Went into it this time with my eyes wide open.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

No AFE customers??? Anyone, Bueller anyone??
Old 12-14-2010, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the AFE mach XP..... its a stainless steel 3" and its wonderful.
After hearing so many exhaust from my friends. I LOVE mine and would do it again in a second.
Not too many people have them so when your out at a meet, alot of people ask what kind and
where I got it.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have an MBRP and if you want a loud exhaust, than you should look some place else. It does have a low rumbled pitch. I also have it paired up with a cai & superchips, if your need is horsepower, save your money.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MBRP rocks. And with an intake, it does get deep and burbly. When I drive through underpasses with my top down it rattles the jeep.

Quick Reply: Need help! Afe exhaust or mbrp