Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Help

Old 01-23-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

Ok I have 07 2 door with 3.21 33 x 12.5 and I am getting about 14 mpg on a good day. I am thinkin about going to 35s but this is my dalily driver. I would love to get 20mpg and I am willing to buy another car to go with the jeep but i would rather just have the jeep willing to put a couple grand to get the best i can any ideas PLEASE.........
Old 01-23-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if ur worried about gas, i would worry about 35"s on only 3.21 gears cause thoes are big tires to spin
Old 01-23-2008, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmm, Gonna be tough to get those 6 more MPG especially if you dump 35's on it, even with a re-gear. You can scoop up a couple MPG with a decent intake and exhaust and it won't depleat the bank account. That's usually the easiest and most affordable way to get some cheap MPG along with some better power and throttle response. Theres also all the little crap that you can buy that may give better MPG like a TBS (Throttle Body Spacer), Headers, A Performance Chip/Module etc etc. Some of these work very well and some just make more noise and cost money. It's tough with a lil 3.8, there's only so much you can do until it's just wasting money. Hope this helps a little.

p.s. Screw the second car man, YOU GOTTA JEEP NOW!! that's all that matters.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

thats why i dont want to I LOVE MY JEEP

Quick Reply: Need Help