Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need help with 14 jk unlimited sport

Old 08-24-2014 | 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default need help with 14 jk unlimited sport

im thinking about getting bigger and wider tires with after market rims not for sure what rims yet cant decide on right rim, but im a noob when it comes to tires and rim im wondering whats the biggest widest tire would fit a after market 16x8 rim. I want know rubbing when im off roading im a weekend warrior so im more on road then off but i was thinking about a 32x11 tire what would my back spacing neeed to be if any on the rim for no rubbing?
thanks so much!
Old 08-24-2014 | 08:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

The two threads stuck right to the top of this modified area would be a good start. Are you planning to cut the stock flares or add flats? Any fender coverage laws to worry about where you are?

6.25" is the stock backspacing. A 4.75"-4.5" backspace is fairly popular, and can run 'most' 35x12.50's with no rubbing, assuming enough lift or flats for wheel well room.

Last edited by nthinuf; 08-24-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2014 | 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
The two threads stuck right to the top of this modified area would be a good start. Are you planning to cut the stock flares or add flats? Any fender coverage laws to worry about where you are?

6.25" is the stock backspacing. A 4.75"-4.5" backspace is fairly popular, and can run 'most' 35x12.50's with no rubbing, assuming enough lift or flats for wheel well room.
no theres no laws were im at but i wasnt trying do a lift atm just the bigger and wider tires

Quick Reply: need help with 14 jk unlimited sport