Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need control arms, people with experience.... Whats the best

Old 06-17-2015, 10:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need control arms, people with experience.... Whats the best

Looking for the best ride quality and flex. I cannot use the search function for whatever reason..

I was looking at metalcloak and rockkrawler arms. Both seem to have the best alignment. Metalcloak seems to have the best riding joints. I don't know how long they last.

I read that rockkrawlers pro series joints have better flex than the duroflex joints, but rockkrawler only seems to use their joint at one end.

Anyways, open to all options, I just really want to get rid off the road noise/vibrations and harshness of my current control arms.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't worry about flex. The joints are not what give you flex...youd have to have some pretty insane travel shocks to worry about maxing the joint out before the shock.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

what lift and what amount of lift do you have?

If 3" or under the Tera Flex fixed lca are pretty nice. Stock style bushings for a great ride and no joint adjustment headache. they give about perfect caster at 2.5-3" of lift.

Last edited by jadmt; 06-18-2015 at 04:54 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:43 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Between our Pro Krawler Joints on the axle side and our new Pro Flex Joints on the axle side of our control arms you will have the best of both worlds. The krawler joint offers unmatched misalignment and the pro flex joint offers the smooth ride quality that you are looking for.

RK
Old 06-18-2015, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Currie is a bit pricey but they are built to last and have johnny joints at both ends.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm running 4" Evo plush ride coils. With rough country adjustable control arms. It seems they have been rough/harsh since the day I bought the jeep. I've also rebuilt all the flex joints and grease them 1-2 times between oil changes. More or less looking for the best ride. No binding. No clearance issues like tire rubbing.

I'm going to be selling the Evo coils and rough country control arms. The control arms are definitely a great budget arm set up, but I've had them for almost three years. I feel I owe myself a little better quality arm setup. Going with a 3-3.5" spring and control arms keeping my fox 4-6 shocks.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While my experience with brands is rather limited, I went with the RK arms and am pretty pleased with them. Urethane bushing at one end so soak up vibrations, and the arm is actually threaded solid rod as opposed to tube for added strength. Joints can be rebuilt and the price isn't bad either.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by D_engel
While my experience with brands is rather limited, I went with the RK arms and am pretty pleased with them. Urethane bushing at one end so soak up vibrations, and the arm is actually threaded solid rod as opposed to tube for added strength. Joints can be rebuilt and the price isn't bad either.
Thank you for your reply. I'm torn between the two. I've heard the metalcloaks ride better. It's also REALLY nice to see rockkrawler so active on the forums.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rock krawler has a new joint at the frame side of the arms that might change your mind. its kinda like metal cloak joint.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mcgee149
rock krawler has a new joint at the frame side of the arms that might change your mind. its kinda like metal cloak joint.
I spoke with them earlier and it seems they are the less expensive route as well. I may be going with them. Found a used set of front uppers if the guy will contact me back.

Quick Reply: Need control arms, people with experience.... Whats the best