Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need advise on spacers

Old 07-11-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advise on spacers

I currently have a 2" BB with a LOD rear stubby/carrier, and an orfab front bumper. My rear end is now sitting just under one inch lower than the front end, due to the rear tire carrier. I am going to upgrade to a coil lift. I would like some advise on if I should go ahead and add some 1/2 inch spacers to the rear when I install the lift, or if the new coil lift with solve the problem on its own. Obviously I would like to solve the problem all at once instead of installing the lift, and then installing the spacers. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Eric
Old 07-11-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

I would imagine that the coil lift alone would do it. Most people recommend using the coil lift instead of the BB because the factory springs aren't strong enough for the extra weight of aftermarket bumpers, carriers, and winches.
That being said...depending on the weight of your bumper/carrier, you could end up adding a spacer if it still sags a bit.

Hope this helps
Old 07-11-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
I would imagine that the coil lift alone would do it. Most people recommend using the coil lift instead of the BB because the factory springs aren't strong enough for the extra weight of aftermarket bumpers, carriers, and winches.
That being said...depending on the weight of your bumper/carrier, you could end up adding a spacer if it still sags a bit.

Hope this helps
That's more or less what I thought. Just hoping to gain from someone else's prior experience. Thanks

Quick Reply: Need advise on spacers