Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need advice on rubicon express lift issues

Old 04-27-2013, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on rubicon express lift issues

So I had purchased rubicon express 2.5 inch lift and installed it. I thought the rear was way too low and rubicon express sent me rear 3.5 inch springs. My question is does my jeep look even or should I put the rear 3.5 inch springs on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	451761  
Old 04-27-2013, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks a little low not much. Probably the weight of the hard top. Is the hard top staying on?
Old 04-27-2013, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jkfsu
So I had purchased rubicon express 2.5 inch lift and installed it. I thought the rear was way too low and rubicon express sent me rear 3.5 inch springs. My question is does my jeep look even or should I put the rear 3.5 inch springs on.
Measure fenders front and rear see if the same. Or wanna get a little more technical get a level park on level ground and putm level on roof see if level. It looks pretty close to me but it always looks closer in rear cause of smaller wheel openings
Old 04-27-2013, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Fender gap is 5 inches in the rear and like 6.5 up front but the rear has smaller fenders. So should I put the 3.5 coils in the rear? Are there cons to doing this?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Time to slap a bumper and winch up front to level it out!!

Leave it as is, or add a .25" or 1/2" spacer. Don't mess with taller coils to fix a minor perceived rake. The 3.5" rear coils will just give a forward rake again, and you would be adding a heavy bumper/carrier/etc in back to try and level.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't use fender height to check for level. Have to use bottom of body seam between the tires. If you had a lighter spare or a metal front bumper it would be perfect. Mine was like that until I put the lod bumper and winch up front, now perfectly level.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Okay, rubicon express sent me a .75 inch spacer as well maybe I'll put that on
Old 04-27-2013, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet that would be just right and you can always remove it later if you get heaver front bumper.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Time to slap a bumper and winch up front to level it out!!

Leave it as is, or add a .25" or 1/2" spacer. Don't mess with taller coils to fix a minor perceived rake. The 3.5" rear coils will just give a forward rake again, and you would be adding a heavy bumper/carrier/etc in back to try and level.
X2 on a heavy bumper and winch. I definitely wouldn't put a taller coil in the back.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by genesbro
Can't use fender height to check for level. Have to use bottom of body seam between the tires. If you had a lighter spare or a metal front bumper it would be perfect. Mine was like that until I put the lod bumper and winch up front, now perfectly level.
Idk about that mine is perfectly level and my ground to fender #'s are the same at 41.25 front and year, my bros same year same lift is also 41.25 so it bmp appears to me thay fender measurement does work

Quick Reply: Need advice on rubicon express lift issues