Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Advice please!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 12:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice please!!!

Hi all,

I am still fairly new to the whole JK world, i do own an 08 Unlimited sahara, rescue green. It is my first Jeep and I am sorry I never owned one before. But I do need some help or advice. I want to put bigger tires on my Jeep with out doing a suspension lift rightaway, I know its sounds dumb, but how big of a tire can i put on with 1.5 inch spacers. i want the bigger tires, but the suspension is out of my reach right know. Or at a minimum if I start out with a 1 inch body lift, how big could I go with the same spacers or even no spacers. Thanks for your help
Old 06-28-2010, 01:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Suggest that you check out the FAQ:

Wheels and Tires FAQ
Old 06-28-2010, 02:08 AM
JK Junkie

As Mark stated, the FAQ is a good place to start. With flat or trimmed flares you can add a couple inches to your tire size. A body lift will buy you a little extra room and reduce the amount of additional bump stop needed. Look for some posts by plan man for low center of gravity rigs with a minimum or no suspension lift.

Have fun out there!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Like posted above, there are dozens of threads addressing this. That said, you won't get any benefit from adding one inch larger tires except the expense. You'll benefit more and cost about the same from adding a lift before the tires. Then you will be ready for the tires with the need/budget arrives.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd lift first buddy then tires. you can do a spacer lift for about 350 bucks! after that you can put 33's in there and possibly squeeze 35's

Quick Reply: Need Advice please!!!