Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Advice on Military tires!!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice on Military tires!!

So im in a tuff spot deciding what to do. I was recently givin a complete set of 37x12.50x16.5 tires. At first i didnt care about the 16.5 size because they were free and i had 37's HAHA. But after searching around here and google i came to find out there is only one way to put the tires on a JK, which is Trail Worthy Fab. I looked into these guys and they seem awesome, great responses with emails and all the little questions plus they have great prices. So my question is do i stick with the tires and buy the custom wheels, or do i get rid of the tires and go with a set of regular sized wheels? If anyone else is running this set up please chime in. Just really hoping that the weight of the rim and tire isnt too much. Im running a 2007 Unlimited X with a 3 inch TF lift. I also have the Off Road Evolution gussets welded on.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK7007
So im in a tuff spot deciding what to do. I was recently givin a complete set of 37x12.50x16.5 tires. At first i didnt care about the 16.5 size because they were free and i had 37's HAHA. But after searching around here and google i came to find out there is only one way to put the tires on a JK, which is Trail Worthy Fab. I looked into these guys and they seem awesome, great responses with emails and all the little questions plus they have great prices. So my question is do i stick with the tires and buy the custom wheels, or do i get rid of the tires and go with a set of regular sized wheels? If anyone else is running this set up please chime in. Just really hoping that the weight of the rim and tire isnt too much. Im running a 2007 Unlimited X with a 3 inch TF lift. I also have the Off Road Evolution gussets welded on.
If you can find a set of HUMMWV wheels for the tires I believe you can get spacers/stud converters for the right lug pattern. If you like them it might be cheaper than custom wheels.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is something to consider.. How long do you think the tires are going to last?

Because the rims will be hard to sell afterwards and it might be very costly to find another tire to fit those rims.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dellpjJK
If you can find a set of HUMMWV wheels for the tires I believe you can get spacers/stud converters for the right lug pattern. If you like them it might be cheaper than custom wheels.
Thanks for the info. I found a guy that will make a two piece adapter but i will need to find rims. The adapters are 560 plus shipping, and the made to fit wheels are 700 or so.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepingNet
Here is something to consider.. How long do you think the tires are going to last?

Because the rims will be hard to sell afterwards and it might be very costly to find another tire to fit those rims.
Ya i thought about that, but i used to be in the Marines and a buddy still in let me know that the motor T side changes out tires with about 80% thread left and they either give the old ones away or sell them for 20 bucks a tire. And from what i know and remember these tires last awhile. But like you said it is defiantly something to consider.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Military tires!!