Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need advice on going BIG.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pingi3
GCM 2,

Ok I am looking into this build.....

Bushwhacker flat fender, possibly painting them Sahara Tan.
I want the FabFour bumper but might have to go to a stubby bumper.

What's your thought?
Originally Posted by skertbur
I have fab four bumper and love it, but if your doing getting the new fenders I would go with a stubby
My Vote ... But Hey I am partial

Old 02-25-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

Still needs the turbo installed and a pair of TeraFlex CRD60's.
thats sick!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I found this while surfing....

It was on Ebay and I guess it was a SEMA car. I think these is more of a "Mall Crawler" but man I have to say I love the stance. I personally would have done black under the flat fenders. I would ditch the FabTech RockCrawler system and go with the Teraflex 6" long arm system. Does not mention in the add about beefing up the axles. What do you guys think?

Last edited by pingi3; 02-28-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got off the phone with another local shop to re-gear both axles for $1800 and $300 extra to sleeve and weld c-gussets. That sounds pretty good to me but is that in line. My brother thinks the gearing seems high.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Just got off the phone with another local shop to re-gear both axles for $1800 and $300 extra to sleeve and weld c-gussets. That sounds pretty good to me but is that in line. My brother thinks the gearing seems high.
That price is very high for a regear, even around in boston I can get a regear done for $1300 to 1400 bucks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Pingi3, give all south autosports a call and speak with Jeremy. Tell him you're a friend of mine. I'm sure he can help ya out
Old 03-04-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

External sleeves do exist. They're made by rock slide engineering. I would run those on the bottom, a treks truss on top, and c gussets.

That rig looks like cobbled together shit IMO. The pinch seam would ruin the rear tires on anything but a trailer, the wheels belong on a slammed pickup truck, and the fender are going to chip the paint all to he'll as soon as there is gravel or sand on the road.

Don't paint your flares, once your tires are sticking out like you want the paint will be ruined in 50 miles.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rlo_jklivin
Not sure of ur motive in replying to my post...I could not say anything or I can waste a lot of time sifting through what everyone has written to make sure I'm not saying it twice, but I guess being an asshole is easier for u than just reading it and going on about your business......its ppl like u that make me say to hell w this site...
Seriously??? Really??? Have a nice day my friend.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harbourone
External sleeves do exist. They're made by rock slide engineering. I would run those on the bottom, a treks truss on top, and c gussets.

That rig looks like cobbled together shit IMO. The pinch seam would ruin the rear tires on anything but a trailer, the wheels belong on a slammed pickup truck, and the fender are going to chip the paint all to he'll as soon as there is gravel or sand on the road.

Don't paint your flares, once your tires are sticking out like you want the paint will be ruined in 50 miles.
Oops. They are in the paint booth as I type. I will under coat the bottom in black.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Oops. They are in the paint booth as I type. I will under coat the bottom in black.
pingi3, x2 on what Harbourone said on the flares and trimming the pinch seams. Even if you don't run your rig offroad you will tear the paint up really quick. I don't have any wheel well liners, so I just sprayed the inside of the wheel wells with satin black spray paint and it looks awesome. Even though you won't be flexing your suspension on the trail, you really should think about trimming the lower body in front of and behind the rear tires when running bigger than 37" tires. Compare my pictures of how much I trimmed the bottom of my rear wheel well openings to fit 40"s so I get no rubbing, to the Tan jeep you like which has not trimmed any pinch seams.

Quick Reply: Need advice on going BIG.