Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need advice on going BIG.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have fab four bumper and love it, but if your doing getting the new fenders I would go with a stubby
Old 02-25-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pingi3
GCM 2,

Ok I am looking into this build.....

Running 38/15.5/18 mud grapplers on XD Addicts.
Teraflex 4" long arm
King Shocks
Redoing the front and rears with chromoly sleeves and steel gussets. Re gear with 5:83(?).
Bigger drive shaft in the rear.
Fox steering dampner.
Willwood calipers.
Bushwhacker flat fender, possibly painting them Sahara Tan.
I want the FabFour bumper but might have to go to a stubby bumper.

What's your thought?
The King shocks are probably way too much $$overkill$$, but great shocks, unless you are going for straight up "bling" factor. Also on the Willwoods, great brakes for racing (and street usage) but you can get upgrades to what you have that will improve the stock brakes dramatically and save maybe thousands. The 5.38's are a great choice for that tire/wheel size. Sleeves for the axles are a good idea to keep the tubes straight and C-gussets definitely a must. All the rest of the kit, shafts, steering stabilizer, etc., it's your call on any particular brand since most are comparable.

Last edited by GCM 2; 02-25-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save some money and go with the Teraflex tuned Fox shocks that are specifically tuned for the Teraflex lifts.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe, did you find that pic of the 38's on the "papa smurf?"

thanks

Still needs the turbo installed and a pair of TeraFlex CRD60's.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Super Freak

That is a beautiful rig Teraflex. I love that "hockey stick" style stripe and logo.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GCM 2,

Ok I am looking into this build.....

Running 38/15.5/18 mud grapplers on XD Addicts.
Teraflex 4" long arm
King Shocks
Redoing the front and rears with chromoly sleeves and steel gussets. Re gear with 5:83(?).
Bigger drive shaft in the rear.
Fox steering dampner.
Willwood calipers.
Bushwhacker flat fender, possibly painting them Sahara Tan.
I want the FabFour bumper but might have to go to a stubby bumper.

What's your thought?
willwood brakes will probably be over-kill and a waste of money. a 1310 rear DS will be fine. id leave the fenders black and i think sahara tan looks bad ass with black accents like stickers, fenders and wheels.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GCM 2
That is a beautiful rig Teraflex. I love that "hockey stick" style stripe and logo.
Hey I'm digging that smurf. So Joe, this is the one with the 38's and 4" LA suspension? If so, is he running a wheel space cause I personally would want a little more wider stance. This set up with either tan flat fenders or black would work. I'm getting excited

Oh and I just called Willwood and no brake kits for the JK. Might have to make my own bracket and use one of their 4 piston calipers on stock rotors.

Plus.... Thanks to all who have chimed in. I feel a lot more comfortable now with trying to do a bigger build.

So thanks....
Old 02-25-2011, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh oh. Another question, if I don't achieve the stance I want is it advised to put on spider trax spacers? I really do not plan on rock crawling.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Oh oh. Another question, if I don't achieve the stance I want is it advised to put on spider trax spacers? I really do not plan on rock crawling.
"Stance" can mean either width or height or both at the same time I guess. So if you are only speaking about width, Spider trax spacers will address the width part of the stance. Sure you can run them, lots of bubbas have them on their rigs with no issues.

If and when you finish this build.....you better post some photos! I need at least 7 minutes of my life back from this thread pingi3! Just kidding brother, as always, good luck with your JK
Old 02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GCM 2
"Stance" can mean either width or height or both at the same time I guess. So if you are only speaking about width, Spider trax spacers will address the width part of the stance. Sure you can run them, lots of bubbas have them on their rigs with no issues.

If and when you finish this build.....you better post some photos! I need at least 7 minutes of my life back from this thread pingi3! Just kidding brother, as always, good luck with your JK

How about pics and a 6-pack

I have spacers on mine already and like the way the 13" wide tires looked sticking out. I know some don't. You know I just keep picturing the red jk with 40's. It just looks so wide and mean. If I can get a slightly minature version with 38's, I think I will be happy. Final decision will be 4" or 6" with the 38's.

Gonna study that blue jk real hard.

Quick Reply: Need advice on going BIG.