Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need Advice on 2012 JKU 3.6L Auto Regear And Towing Capacity

Old 11-02-2016, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Edit: I thought they came with new calipers. They reuse the stock. I take back my earlier comment. Get some J8 stuff.
Haha yeah it's just caliper brackets that's why I said maybe $500 I'd pay max
Old 11-02-2016, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Oh yeah, another argument I bring up. - the Liberty can be rated for 5,000 pounds of towing. In what world should the liberty which is lighter, shorter, narrower, and less powerful, be physically capable of towing more than a JKU?

Last edited by rob_engineer; 11-02-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:20 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
Come on man 1k for pads calipers and brackets? I'd pay half that maybe
You forget that our ProGrip kit also comes with larger diameter, heavy duty rotors for all four corners along with the equally heavy duty caliper relocation brackets, and specially formulated compound pads. And all of those items are Made in America, not imported.

And when you talk to people that have installed a ProGrip kit versus cheaper options, you'll see that it is very much worth the cost, especially when larger diameter wheels and tires are being installed, and more leverage is needed by the brakes to get the Jeep stopped, or to hold position when on the trail, on both inclines and declines.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on 2012 JKU 3.6L Auto Regear And Towing Capacity