Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need advice on 2" lift

Old 05-02-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on 2" lift

Hi all,
Right now I have the OME nitro charger shocks and I really wanna get the 2" HD coil springs but since I already have the shocks, I'm not sure what else I will need. Do I need to order a front adjustable trackbar, bump stops, etc., as well?
Thanks!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With only a 2 inch lift you will not need anything except springs and shocks, there are 30 different springs for our jeeps from the factory and mopar itself has a 2" lift and it's no different from any other stock keep just different springs, order up them springs and slap them in you will love it
Cheers
Old 05-02-2012, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blueescapes
Hi all,
Right now I have the OME nitro charger shocks and I really wanna get the 2" HD coil springs but since I already have the shocks, I'm not sure what else I will need. Do I need to order a front adjustable trackbar, bump stops, etc., as well?
Thanks!
With those coils u will get more like 3" out of the lift, I installed this lift and I installed longer front sway bar links(discos) and I also got front and rear adjustable track bars, I love how it rides I may get front lower control arms to help with the flighty feeling at interstate speeds
Old 05-02-2012, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Atch, thanks for the personal notes. Was the rear TB absolutely necessary or were you just covering all bases?
Thanks!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Atch, thanks for the personal notes. Was that rear TB absolutely necessary or were you just covering all bases? And what size tire are you running?
Thanks!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:38 AM
JK Freak

Atch, thanks for the personal notes. Was that rear TB absolutely necessary or were you just covering all bases? And what size tire are you running?
Thanks!
The rear TB wasn't absolutely necessary but I could see the rear axel wasn't centered and it bugged me a bit, I ran without it for a few months before I installed it, plus I wanted to make sure everything was correct for a little peace of mind. As far as my tires they are 295/70r17 toyo open country mt's they measure out to be around 32.5 with the weight of the jeep on them.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atch
The rear TB wasn't absolutely necessary but I could see the rear axel wasn't centered and it bugged me a bit, I ran without it for a few months before I installed it, plus I wanted to make sure everything was correct for a little peace of mind. As far as my tires they are 295/70r17 toyo open country mt's they measure out to be around 32.5 with the weight of the jeep on them.
Have you looked into putting 35s on there and if ya have, what was the verdict? I'm running 275/70r18 now with just a Teraflex Leveling Kit (in case you weren't familiar, the spacer kit gives me about 2" in the front and 1" in the rear) and since I just got a new, much closer job, I'm okay with jacking this baby up. I really want 35s but can def live without them if they cause too many issues.

And what do you think...when I get the coil springs should I just keep the leveling kit installed? I could probably clear 35s at that point but I really don't wanna open up that door if there's even a concern of me not being able to close it. After I installed my lift on my old TJ, I put more money into getting all the bugs out than I care to re-live.

Thanks for any insight!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Have you looked into putting 35s on there and if ya have, what was the verdict? I'm running 275/70r18 now with just a Teraflex Leveling Kit (in case you weren't familiar, the spacer kit gives me about 2" in the front and 1" in the rear) and since I just got a new, much closer job, I'm okay with jacking this baby up. I really want 35s but can def live without them if they cause too many issues.

And what do you think...when I get the coil springs should I just keep the leveling kit installed? I could probably clear 35s at that point but I really don't wanna open up that door if there's even a concern of me not being able to close it. After I installed my lift on my old TJ, I put more money into getting all the bugs out than I care to re-live.

Thanks for any insight!
I won't look into larger tires until my current tires are shot which will be a long time from now, as far as running 35's they should fit under there (you may need flat fenders off road??) I'd pry skip reinstalling the leveling kit until it's needed (if you add heavy bumpers/winch up front). With this lift putting you pretty close to the max lift with an auto with stock ds you wouldnt want to add any more height unless youre adding a new ds to your shopping list.Also if you plan on 35's you'll pry want to regear.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks buddy! Good advice and sold me...
This is what I'm thinking about doing...
Taking out leveling kit and stock springs
Putting in OME 2" springs
Front adj tb
When getting new tires, err on the safe side and stick with 33s.
Sound like a good plan?

Forgive me but I just had my wisdom teeth yanked and I'm loopy...did you have or know of some pics of a jku with OME 2" lift and 33s? And the ride is great on those springs, yea? My 04 with OME rode like a cloud...

Quick Reply: Need advice on 2" lift